Adding to Incomplete CDLC?

HawaiianPunchGuy

Question

Let's say there is a CDLC that has bass, lead, and rhythm already but the lazy fucker swell gentleman didn't take the 5 minutes to put in lyrics.  Can I just add lyrics to their CDLC without having to redo all the work they already did by making my own from scratch? Same goes for adding any other parts to someone's submission that they didn't include, say bass or rhythm guitar

7 answers to this question

In early days there was topics like this in mod section, but we've only come up with adoption program for for Charters only, for a reason and nope we fail to brainstorm solution for organising community work on the charts, like one could submit lead path, other voc or bass and so on... nothing special I know there's a groups of charters that teaming up but nothing more :)

feel free to do it for yourself, I've posted vocals xml for the songs I did vocals and It seems like limited amount of charters actually applied those >___>

I'm happy that we've got more vocals per cDLC ration now :)

I for one, take exception to being called a "lazy fucker" for not adding lyrics.

I don't add them to my customs as I don't feel that they add anything. Getting the notes correct is more important to me.

• Like 2

I chart BASS PARTS ONLY. Requests for guitar parts will be ignored. I hope that is clear. 

Twitter updates: @jamesprestonuk

Donations: https://paypal.me/jamesprestonuk?country.x=GB&locale.x=en_GB (thank you!)

• Administrator

@@HawaiianPunchGuy Did you contact any of those "lazy fuckers" to offer your help in the first place?

Note that if you actually are capable of creating CDLC, you could always become a magna charter and benefit from the adoption system which would allow you to do exactly what you want without any kind of problem.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

I don't feel that they add anything.

I really miss lyrics sometimes, I love to play and sing along it's a good reference to me since I usually forget what comes by what so missing lyrics isn't that bad on light that you actually skip guitar or rythm, rs initially had no support for bass so pay respect to RS1 birthday and team up with some guitarist to put up "not only a bass tab" cDLC please :)

I for one, take exception to being called a "lazy fucker" for not adding lyrics.

I don't add them to my customs as I don't feel that they add anything. Getting the notes correct is more important to me.

Don't take the lazy fucker comment too seriously.  I mean it in the nicest of terms. ;)  But let's be real how long does it take to google the lyrics when you already spent all that time tabbing it.  It feels incomplete is all.

@@HawaiianPunchGuy Did you contact any of those "lazy fuckers" to offer your help in the first place?

Note that if you actually are capable of creating CDLC, you could always become a magna charter and benefit from the adoption system which would allow you to do exactly what you want without any kind of problem.

Nope, I'm new to the site and I'm not familiar with that stuff but I do intend to make some CDLC, my question was basically do I have to start from scratch on a song that someone has already uploaded certain parts of or can I add to their work.  To which I gather the answer.

• Administrator

@@HawaiianPunchGuy Note that lyrics can easily take a good hour to make properly if you aren't a lazy fucker that just try to make it fast. It might not seems like much but when you've created thousands of song it adds up quite a bit.

Also, contacting the charter and discussing with them about helping will go a long way, making a general post like this will likely just annoy some charter and might actually do the opposite of what you are trying to achieve. Also commenting on CDLC to ask nicely for stuff that you feel are missing is heavily appreciated, all charters would love to get more feedback and would be happy to help makes things better if people actually show that they care. A general post like this won't change much of anything.

• Like 2

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity