Low volume on bass

Amykat83

Question

So im literally out of ideas. Game worked perfectly I took a break for a few minutes came back. Now my bass only detects notes half the time. basically it feels like my real tone cables volume is down to 50% but its sitting at 100% ive tried turning the gain to 10 Ive checked the knobs ive re calibrated till my fingers are raw. I literally dont know what to do. My E strings picks up notes if I lick it hard. My A string picks up almost nothing. D and G are like fine. Bass is brand new cable is also brand new even reinstalled. Sorry if posting in the wrong place im totally lost...

7 answers to this question

I have a passive pick up. Its a dean edge 09. It sounds totally fine on rocksmith just like before but its only detecting notes at about half as often. I have to strum louder than before. it just happened all on its own. Im totally baffled because I had no issues before it sounds the same. It makes me think the cable might be junk 

Try changing your input gain.

options / Audio settings / input gain overide /

Was one of the very first things I have tried. Just used a brand new real tone cable to see if mine was defective. It does the same thing. I dont know why the game was perfect and now its not anymore. Volume is up all the way on my bass and on calibration I can barely get the meter to go to half way when going ape shit on my strings. Normal play it does nearly nothing 

So small update. ive re calibrated several times its having small effects on note detection but its still way off from before. I Just dont understand how it could change so much just rebooting the game. my open Es are hardly detected and I have to lick each string like 30% harder than before for it to be detected. Any help is welcomed im at a loss...all my time off is going into trouble shooting this mess

Yes ive tried the volume thing for the bass its at 100. What I dont understand is it was working just fine and now its being totally bonkers. I accidently tried to load rock smith while it was running and now its run like crap every since. Yet my bass sounds exactly the same through the PC as it did before. Ive recalibrated alor and its helped some but still a ton of notes are dropping. The softest strum before was detected now I have to do it some what hard. Im really at a loss and it sucks because i love the game.