Problem with custom tuning

Brutus Erectus

Question

The CDLC I'm making has a F standard tuning, however Rocksmith doesn't let me do that and It appears as E Std. In game. I have made a F Std tuning in RCST for the arrangements (Filled in "1" on every string). And I have also made F the key signature in EoF. What do I do wrong?

5 answers to this question

• Administrator

@@Brutus Erectus I don't care much about the psarc itself it's more the EOF and the resulting XML that are interesting to look at cause the psarc is the end product of the xml which is likely where we'll see if it's EOF or the toolkit that is doing something that it shouldn't.

Obviously if RS interpret it as E std, it's because the psarc is in E std, the question is why and only the EOF and xml files can answer that.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

• Administrator

@@Brutus Erectus that seems weird cause there's already an oDLC in F std in game (Superhero by Jane's Addiction) so it's clearly not RS being unable to manage that tuning but something else that make the psarc "wrong". Hard to say without the files though where it actually goes wrong.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

@@firekorn I would be very grateful if you would take a look at it. Note that the arrangements will be set at E Standard when you import the psarc file to RCST (Even though I have done everything I can to get F Std.). Thanks in advance :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eyoxa3x4bihsmyi/Airbourne_Live-It-Up_v1_DD_p.psarc?dl=0

• Administrator

@@Brutus Erectus Well, just looking at the guitar xml, the tuning is set to 0 on all strings so it seems that the tuning isn't correct in EOF and indeed the EOF file has the tuning set to 0 everywhere so yeah...

And the key signature is useless for RS and doesn't correspond to anything tuning related, it's indicate to use the scale the song is using but that's it and it can be different from the tuning itself.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography