Quiet audio on customs

tdjenkins21

Question

OK, I'm at my wits end. Took a break from working on customs and recently got motivated again. Updated EOF and the toolkit to the latest versions and everything's been fine. Upon testing my customs, however, the music is very quiet as are the tones. I have 6 I am working on and all have the same issue. I've tried messing with the dB settings for both with no success, adjust the setting from around -25 to zero. I can get it close, but have to crank up the stereo to hear. Any ideas?

3 answers to this question

My last setting for song vol is 0 and is still quiet, about 50-60% of the level the base songs are at. I don't think I was pushing the tone enough, my latest test seem satisfactory, so I think I am good there. But the music is still drowned out, even at 0. I listened to the OOG file in the VLC player and it was right on par with other tracks that do not have volume issues. The only thing I have done differently this time is that I let the toolkit generate the WEM files. I'm going to try using wwise and regenerate to see if that solves the issue.

Also, I thought both the song and tones were handled the same as far as adjustments go. But it seems like they react the opposite. Example, set the tone to -25 and it's close, but I set the song to -25 and it is inaudible. Perhaps my understanding of the settings are incorrect?

• Administrator

Perhaps my understanding of the settings are incorrect?

The volume value is like a gain adjustment so the higher the value the louder the song will be, but for tone it's a very different thing, the system isn't linear nor does it act as gain adjustment and the value will also depend on the tone itself.

As for the overall song volume in that specific case, hard to say if it's really the song itself that is quiet or not without access to the file itself.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity