Savatage - Hall Of The Mountain King (WIP Help?)

Zeb04

I did this track for RS1 before I realized that the tuning was unsupported. I used the official tabs from a Guitar World magazine and hand tabbed the rhythm. I don't really have time to do the lead or bass (although I do have the tabs). I want to post what I have done in order to get feedback and hopefully drum up some interest in helping finish it. I will also post the tabs and the project files I have on it. Let me know how it sounds so far and if you are interested in helping finish it.

Psarc file for pc= https://www.dropbox.com/s/rgwn428t4q5a1u1/Savatage_Hall-of-the-Mountain-King_v1_p.psarc

PDF of Tabs (Guitar World mag)= https://www.dropbox.com/s/krjf1h7no2fvyah/GW0904.pdf

Project Files(EOF)= https://www.dropbox.com/s/svf5raba09q51pe/PART%20REAL_GUITAR_RS2.xml

Let me know if there is something I left out!

Rock On...

• Like 1

Hey,

Thanks for taking the time to create this! I'm a huge Savatage fan and it was awesome testing this out yesterday in memory of Criss Oliva on his birthday. The song seemed fine to me, but unfortunately I wont be very helpful though, I'm not a customs creator, and this song is way above my skill level. I hope you get some helpful advice though, I'd love to see this song finished.

P.S I wish more people cared about Savatage, one of the greatest heavy metal bands of all time!!!

Cool song, just played it.  Thanks for showing me some new music.

If you are looking for stuff you can fix, there is a reoccurring mistake throughout the song.  According to the tab that was posted the main riff should end on a 5th string, 3rd fret, but ingame it was a 5th string, 6th fret.

If you add sections and phrases the camera will zoom in and out throughout the song.  This will make the chart easier to read.  After that if the chart is scrolling too slowly to see the chord changes kick it up a couple notches in the toolkit.

If you wanna be a bit more like official charts, change the octaves from this:

------------8----x----6-------

to this:

------------8---------6-------

The x is used in tab notation, but Rocksmith leaves it out.  Should be an easy fix using CTRL+L.

• Like 1