Guitar tone switches to clean and won't go back, what do I do?

med521

Question

I don't recall this ever happening in the past, but the past day I've been experiencing tone problems. The tone is the usual distorted one when the game starts, but once I start up a song... it goes clean. I have tones saved on my keyboard, and even when changing those it's still clean. The only way to fix it is to restart the game, and when I do the tone might stay for a song or two; that's it though.

Is there a fix for this? Would CDLC be an issue?

6 answers to this question

My guess is its a specific CDLC causing the tone crash. This has been my experience in the past with some CDLC, if I restart and try the same song it crashes again, once I have the song narrowed down there is a fix.

There are a few threads about tone crashing here is the fix I use :

"Open the rocksmith toolkit> import package> saved the folder to my desktop> Generate> save the new .psarc file to my DLC folder (manually removed old .psac first) Done."

http://customsforge.com/topic/28308-tone-keeps-dropping-to-clean/?hl=tone+crash&do=findComment&comment=218229

Go to your dlc folder.  Right click somewhere inside it (not on a file) and sort by date.  Go through and delete the ones either individually you've recently downloaded, or what I do when this happens.   Is I just delete the one I think it is.  Typically you'll have played a few of your recent downloaded songs, so you'll know it isn't those files.  Just delete the others, and then 

does uninstalling it keep save data?, just a guess but trying a new save profile might work but I haven't tested so might not do anything. Could be an issue with audio devices/drivers or audio buffer size which I think can be changed in Rocksmith.ini.

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype