Problems Getting v2.8.4.1-69972b7e (Win) to Work

So does 2.8.4.1-653a4b56 works for you?
https://www.rscustom.net/download/843/rstoolkit-2.8.4.1-653a4b56-win.zip

I wonder if it's something we miss but I can't see it all pretty much fine for me
maybe updater related
does it show rocksmithtoolkitgui in task manager?

@@Alex360

2.8.4.1-653a4b56 doesn't work either. It appears as a background process in task manager for around 20 seconds before it disappears. No log files.

I'm not using the updater, it stopped working for me a while back an I could never get it working again (similar type problem). I just downloaded the zip from the repository and started afresh in an empty folder.

Getting this in the windows application log

Application: RocksmithToolkitGUI.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.NotSupportedException

Exception Info: System.IO.FileLoadException
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(System.Reflection.AssemblyName, System.String, System.Security.Policy.Evidence, System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly, System.Threading.StackCrawlMark ByRef, IntPtr, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoad(System.Reflection.AssemblyName, System.String, System.Security.Policy.Evidence, System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly, System.Threading.StackCrawlMark ByRef, IntPtr, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(System.Reflection.AssemblyName, System.Security.Policy.Evidence, System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly, System.Threading.StackCrawlMark ByRef, IntPtr, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadFrom(System.String, System.Security.Policy.Evidence, Byte[], System.Configuration.Assemblies.AssemblyHashAlgorithm, Boolean, Boolean, System.Threading.StackCrawlMark ByRef)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(System.String)
   at RocksmithToolkitLib.ToolkitVersion.RSTKUpdaterVersion()
   at RocksmithToolkitGUI.Program.Main(System.String[])

followed by

Faulting application name: RocksmithToolkitGUI.exe, version: 2.8.4.1, time stamp: 0x59b45121
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.15063.608, time stamp: 0xadaa6ed6
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x000eb832
Faulting process ID: 0x2ddc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d3370f28ef9eb6
Faulting application path: C:\Users\Jeremy\Desktop\Rocksmith Customs\_Tools_\toolkit\RocksmithToolkitGUI.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report ID: c9236add-5926-4e3f-81b2-249fbf869cfc
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

then

Fault bucket 129572238109, type 5
Event Name: CLR20r3
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: RocksmithToolkitGUI.exe
P2: 2.8.4.1
P3: 59b45121
P4: mscorlib
P5: 4.7.2110.0
P6: 597bd647
P7: 424b
P8: 0
P9: System.IO.FileLoadException
P10: 

Weird thing, internet has similar issues, look here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/kernelbasedll-version-100105860-and-net-runtime/e1b5a9e8-a377-4de7-9a1a-df0bd205a963

but for now let's dl latest beta, unzip it and run that, should be fine, not sure if you've got win XP there I can test on XP sp3 on my work later today.

maybe it's ssl related issue, calling @@cozy1 for help since it his original work. we can try with muting that versions checks just to be sure, well, I can't build with XP support right now, only through appveyour :D

here's show me what net framweork you've got
http://www.asoft.be/prod_netver.html

and check it's installation with this tool iirc i used this one
https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/astebner/2008/10/13/net-framework-setup-verification-tool-users-guide/
(go for setupverifier)

• Developer

but for now let's dl latest beta, unzip it and run that, should be fine, not sure if you've got win XP there I can test on XP sp3 on my work later today.

maybe it's ssl related issue, calling @@cozy1 for help since it his original work. we can try with muting that versions checks just to be sure, well, I can't build with XP support right now, only through appveyour :D

The toolkit updater does not work on Win XP becasue Win XP does not support TLS 1.2 which is required to access the toolkit server.   So if you are running XP you have to manually download the toolkit to update it.   If you are running on Win 10 you have to manually enable TLS 1.2 as it is disabled by default before the toolkit autoupdater will work.

A recent toolkit release added new elements to the RocksmithToolkitLib.Config.xml file so starting with a fresh toolkit install by doing a direct download of the latest beta would be best.  If this does not solve the issue then we need complete info about the user's system configuration.

The 'System.IO.FileLoadException' makes me think user maybe missing some toolkit files.  Maybe AV playing games (quarantined files).  https://www.google.com/search?q=Exception+code%3A+0xe0434352&oq=Exception+code%3A+0xe0434352&gs_l=psy-ab.3...28816.28816.0.29388.1.1.0.0.0.0.118.118.0j1.1.0....0...1.2.64.psy-ab..0.0.0....0.RlgGSLO6-Gw 

Probably missing third party assembly.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

@@cozy1

If you are running on Win 10 you have to manually enable TLS 1.2 as it is disabled by default before the toolkit autoupdater will work.

I did this,

It still fails with this Windows app log message

Application: RocksmithToolkitUpdater.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.NotSupportedException
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoadFile(String path, Evidence evidence)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFile(String path)
   at RocksmithToolkitUpdater.AssemblyCaller.PrivateCall(String assemblyPath, String typeName, String method, Type[] paramTypes, Boolean createInstance, Object[] methodParams)
   at RocksmithToolkitUpdater.AssemblyCaller.PrivateCall(System.String, System.String, System.String, System.Type[], Boolean, System.Object[])
   at RocksmithToolkitUpdater.AssemblyCaller.Call(System.String, System.String, System.String, System.Type[], Boolean, System.Object[])
   at RocksmithToolkitUpdater.AutoUpdater.get_FileUrl()
   at RocksmithToolkitUpdater.AutoUpdater.UpdateToolkit()
   at RocksmithToolkitUpdater.AutoUpdater..ctor()
   at RocksmithToolkitUpdater.Program.Main()

A recent toolkit release added new elements to the RocksmithToolkitLib.Config.xml file so starting with a fresh toolkit install by doing a direct download of the latest beta would be best.  If this does not solve the issue then we need complete info about the user's system configuration.

I have started afresh from a download, and having this issue. Using Windows 10 Pro with latest updates. 

The 'System.IO.FileLoadException' makes me think user maybe missing some toolkit files.  Maybe AV playing games (quarantined files).

No AV shenanigans I can see (just Windows defender). I could maybe try debugging from the source if that might help. Is all I Need, VS2012?

Probably missing third party assembly.

I have the same files in each distribution, older working one (v2.8.4.1-0129c79e from 8th Sep) and latest not working beta v2.8.4.1-69972b7e.

It may be updater related if no-one else is having issues? Has this part changed recently?

@@KingCobra, ssl 3.0 you could disable that safely, since tls 1.2 is like ssl 3.2 as internet says

also here's beta toolkit with no version checking for external libs:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6zOE-7JCxwjRGhQcHZLMUtxQ3c

And where's screen of the .NET Version Detector I should know what's installed there

• Developer

@@cozy1

It may be updater related if no-one else is having issues? Has this part changed recently?

Some changes were made to the updater: https://github.com/rscustom/rocksmith-custom-song-toolkit/commit/69972b7e6260255f413d8408213b77649e5a80f6#diff-14bfbf76a6d36d15dab0bc1b84bf7210R66.  Would appreciate if you could debug where the TODO is.  If this is source of issue then be sure you are using fresh RocksmithToolkitLib.*.xml files from the downloaded zip.

If you did manual download and installed of the latest beta then the toolkit updater should not be issue.  If you think it is, then you can test by taking yourself offline before running the fresh install of toolkit.   My guess is that WD AV is eating some file(s).  Check the quarantined files list.

You can use VS2012 to debug source if you want to try.  Just be aware that source is written in VS2010 and .Net v4.0.30319 is required even though you have a Win10 compatible version of .Net.

Let me know how it goes.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

@@KingCobra, ssl 3.0 you could disable that safely, since tls 1.2 is like ssl 3.2 as internet says

also here's beta toolkit with no version checking for external libs:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6zOE-7JCxwjRGhQcHZLMUtxQ3c

And where's screen of the .NET Version Detector I should know what's installed there

Disabled 3.0, stil not working.

Beta toolkit with no version checking woks fine though.

Not sure what's meant by .NET version detector?

• Developer

@@KingCobra There was a bug in the AutoUpdater new ConfigVersion validation.  It was throwing null exception.  Plz give the latest beta a try.  Also added checkbox to General Config to give user ability to disable/enable AutoUpdate feature.

• Developer

Maybe you could debug it for us rather than disable it.  Looks like it is working here.  ;)

@@cozy1, there's no use for it an it seems like only first time users experience issues btw. till debugged I prefer to disable one, still have no use of that libs versioning other than whole package version, since it's the same always in fresh builds and won't help much other than somehow debug updater malfunctions.

• Developer

Fix audio file bug that was caused by adding template xml creation to packer/unpacker 768b2f1

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy