Help with Broken Tones

SlaughterMasta

Question

I need help that I can't find the answer to and hope to god someone has it. After I played a custom just today I experienced the dropped tone glitch that happens to me, as always, I unplugged the real tone cable and plugged it back in to regain the connection. But this time the tone glitched out and went to all clean tones, no matter which tone I chose. So I restarted my game but I still only have clean tones....... this is not good, I NEED my tones back. Please god tell me there is an easy solution to this or that someone knows what to do in this case so I can continue to play and make Rocksmith content.

6 answers to this question

• Administrator

@@SlaughterMasta If the tone is broken permanently i would try to verify the integrity of the game file via steam cause this is clearly something unusual that shouldn't happen.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

@@firekorn Verified the integrity of all game files except 1 (which I assume is the dll.file) and still nothing but clean tones. I also re-loaded the rocksmith cable drivers and still no fix. Is it possible that a fresh re-install of rocksmith would fix? I'd hate to lose my saved profile data AGAIN but I will if it will fix my problem.  

• Administrator

The file data can probably be saved by copying the appropriate file (and steam cloud save should also work).

I'll admit that it's an issue i haven't seen so any kind of measure to get the game in a "cleaner" state is worth trying but i can't say if it will actually work or not.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

It's fixed, I got my normal tones back. For the sake of trouble shooting I started a new profile before uninstalling and started initial setup, the tone was still broken up until I got to the noise calibration setup. That's when everything returned to normal, I backed out and loaded my main profile and it seems all good to go. I don't switch guitars often and rarely use the re-calibrate setting, so I didn't even think of trying that.

I'm not sure if it was the cdlc that I played, but this has not happened to me post remastered edition. It was the first time I played or put it into my folder (Agent Orange - Bloodstains) couldn't find it on the list of "dead tones and misc problems" thread. In any case if this happens again I believe you can fix it by simply re-calibrating your guitar.

Thanks for the help with the troubleshooting guys.