Buying a new guitar

Jansku79

Hey guys, been thinking to buy myself a new guitar and this has gotten my attention. Does anyone have the same guitar or any experience of it, i'm mostly interested of the neck shape and how it's compared to let's say Gibson SG which is really easy to play. I like this fast necks and in this LTD it seems to be U-shaped thin neck, my current main guitar is Schecter devil-6 with C-shaped neck and it's really good rhythm guitar.

The guitar in the link differs from my choice that i want Seymour Duncan JB ( B ) / ’59 (N) p.u. pickups or would it perhaps be better to go with EMG ones as at the end my preferred music style is metal based.

All the info is welcome and other recommendations as well in the same price range about 900€.

I played this guitar before, not only this by LTD. This brand (ESP-LTD) is my favorite, unfortunately i can't buy one at the moment, but if I could I would buy this http://www.espguitars.com/products/9550-ec-1000t-ctm-sw?category_id=1963292-ec-seriesIts the same as yours but white.The action is very low, ridiculously low. Its very easy to play, the entire fretboard doesnt have anything to bother.The Pickups depends on which one you will buy, but certainly it wont bother you.The tuners are locked usualy, so, no problems there.It's a great guitar to play, very easy, its the easiest i played, good for Rock, Metal, and any other hard style.No wonder that Metallica uses it.

Yeah something with thin neck is what i need for lead guitar. Also after bit of research i'm considering Schecter Hellraiser models, seems quite well featured with good pickups and thin necks. LTD 1000MH as well. But never again a guitar with floyd rose bridge or any other tremolo, it has to be solid one.

Awesome!  The Floyd Rose is a pain in the ass for sure with Rocksmith.  It's a floating system designed to be set up for one tuning.  Even drop D is difficult to tune to once you have it set up for E / Eb / D  etc.

I'm in the process myself of selling off a few of my guitars that have tremolo systems.  My brother has my BC RICH neck-through mocking bird I'm trying to get him to send me so I can get down to using one guitar and one bass for the game.

Awesome!  The Floyd Rose is a pain in the ass for sure with Rocksmith.  It's a floating system designed to be set up for one tuning.  Even drop D is difficult to tune to once you have it set up for E / Eb / D  etc.

I'm in the process myself of selling off a few of my guitars that have tremolo systems.  My brother has my BC RICH neck-through mocking bird I'm trying to get him to send me so I can get down to using one guitar and one bass for the game.

Drop D isn;t difficult with a Floyd, but it does involve the additional expense of a drop-d tuna(shouldn't be more than about $50), and a little bit of setting up.

Drop D isn;t difficult with a Floyd, but it does involve the additional expense of a drop-d tuna(shouldn't be more than about $50), and a little bit of setting up.

I blocked my floyd after battling with tuning in rocksmith. When i play my favorite songs i have to tune between E an C standard sometimes even B, so without blocking it would be really pain in the ass. I used simple coin trick which means using duct tape to stack some coins together and stuff it between the tremolo block and guitar body on both sides.

I blocked my floyd after battling with tuning in rocksmith. When i play my favorite songs i have to tune between E an C standard sometimes even B, so without blocking it would be really pain in the ass. I used simple coin trick which means using duct tape to stack some coins together and stuff it between the tremolo block and guitar body on both sides.

So, what kind of strings are you using to get that range? They must go from being tighter than a gnat's chuff to a wizard's sleeve, dropping from E to drop B.

That one you picked up is very Schecter-like in my eyes at least. How're you liking the guitar, assuming you got it already?

I believe Schecter and ESP are both owned by the same guy nowadays and are indeed very similar brands. Biggest differences are in necks as in ESP the necks are a bit thinner with U-contour while Schecter uses more C-shape. My current Schecter is more rhythm guitar with slower neck and i use some old Yamaha for leads. The ESP i bought should handle both and it has EMG pickups which i like.

If one wants to buy a Schecter i can only give positive feedback, for example the Hellraiser series are an excellent affordable guitars. Around 800€ guitar which feels and sounds like 2000€ guitar ;)

So, what kind of strings are you using to get that range? They must go from being tighter than a gnat's chuff to a wizard's sleeve, dropping from E to drop B.

I use 11-56 strings and with these i wont go higher than D-standard on my Floyd guitar and leave E and drop D for my old Yamaha. I tried E standard with my main guitar thou :D And you are right, the tension on strings were so high that i was afraid it will blow up.