Incorrect CDLC & Quality Control

Question

I'm new to the forums here, so apologies if this has already been discussed.

I just completed my first CDLC, basically because I wanted to play a song which had a CDLC based on a totally wrong guitar tab as well as being poor quality in general. People had actually been complaining about this one at various places online also.

Now I'm going through all of my CDLC to find stuff I haven't played through yet and deleting stuff that is incorrect. Several of them have replies stating they are incorrect and the OP even said they knew it was wrong...

Just wondering if there could be some kind of a system in place for reporting these kinds of CDLC for removal? Particularly if they are replaced with accurate CDLC.

11 answers to this question

Is that the same report link when viewing a song's record page? I had clicked it but since it said only to report objectionable content I wasn't sure if a chart being wrong would qualify

• Administrator

@@arrov depends how wrong it is but better report and we'll judge if we have to take action than do nothing.

Note that a nice PM to the author of the CDLC can go a long way sometimes.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

i to would like to say this is a good idea, i know for a fact the velvet revolver stuff is incorrect, specifically set me free ( suppose to be drop D tuning and the tab is completely wrong because of the wrong tuning) and slither ( again suppose to be drop D) but also like to point out that duff mckagan has a video on youtube showing how he plays it exactly.  i have tried to create these 2 songs but have been unsuccsessful ( to say the least) and if someone out there more skilled than i wish to make slither and set me free in the correct drop Dtuning with dynamic difficulty and with guitar rythum, lead, and bass parts i would appreciate it ( i do have a request created for both).

im still trying to figure out how ot create cdlc and as such figure someone else could make these 2 faster than i could LOL.

i know and the "official" DLC is also incorrect as to how duff mckagan actually plays it.  i have it on the 360 version of RS but i have also watched the youtube vid of duff mckagan himself showing how he plays it.  im trying to get it as duff plays it not as the RS/UBI folks "thinks" it is played.  it is actually quite common in not only rs and other games of this type to be wrong, in fact a LOT of music books with tab transposed by individuals is wrong.  to prove my point i just point you to michael jacksond billie jean.  there are 2 ways it is played and then there is the correct way ( see bass wizard billie jean on youtube).

personally i would like to see some cdlc of the "official" stuff reworked to be just like the artsit plays it, and dont get me started on songs with incorrect tones or omitted bass part LOL.

guess i should have clarified what i was interested in and that is cdlc made as artist actually plays it and "official" DLC reworked to be as the artist plays it ( which would then make it CDLC and not "official" from a legal standpoint )with as close to accurate tones as possible ( playing hero with heavy distortion/overdrive or envelope filter effect just makes it diffucult to play from a tonal standpoint it sounds like crap LOL)

i just have not been having any luck making cdlc that works so i cant seem to make it myself or else i would .

• Administrator

personally i would like to see some cdlc of the "official" stuff reworked

Never gonna happen here and anyone that put on on CF will get ban...

Did you made a post about those errors on the Rocksmith forum for the notetracker to see and maybe fix? Cause complaining here about mistake in official DLC won't get anywhere while getting the notetracker attention might allow them to rework and made update the track one day.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

i know and the "official" DLC is also incorrect as to how duff mckagan actually plays it.  i have it on the 360 version of RS but i have also watched the youtube vid of duff mckagan himself showing how he plays it.  im trying to get it as duff plays it not as the RS/UBI folks "thinks" it is played.  it is actually quite common in not only rs and other games of this type to be wrong, in fact a LOT of music books with tab transposed by individuals is wrong.  to prove my point i just point you to michael jacksond billie jean.  there are 2 ways it is played and then there is the correct way ( see bass wizard billie jean on youtube).

personally i would like to see some cdlc of the "official" stuff reworked to be just like the artsit plays it, and dont get me started on songs with incorrect tones or omitted bass part LOL.

guess i should have clarified what i was interested in and that is cdlc made as artist actually plays it and "official" DLC reworked to be as the artist plays it ( which would then make it CDLC and not "official" from a legal standpoint )with as close to accurate tones as possible ( playing hero with heavy distortion/overdrive or envelope filter effect just makes it diffucult to play from a tonal standpoint it sounds like crap LOL)

i just have not been having any luck making cdlc that works so i cant seem to make it myself or else i would .

You shouldnt complain about dlc or official dlc if you cant even make it yourself, it can be incredibly time consuming depending on the the materials used, in fact it comes across quite pretentious how you think of the work people do, creators of official dlc work really hard to provide it and just because they may not play it a certain way as the person who wrote it did, doesn't make it wrong, theres more than one way to play a song, everyone has their own interpretation of how they hear something,  maybe be appreciative its there considering you dont have the skills to do it yourself.

• Like 1

as a matter of fact i did and i guess like here it will get nowhere.  also using cherub rock id ( official id) or any other rs song for cdlc is really no different than taking an official DLC and redoing it. guess i hoped to much from the cdlc community and have to settle for innacurate RS dlc that i already own because apparently it is ok to use and official dlc id but not make a cdlc from an offical dlc to make it as the artist plays it.  no offense but i find this a little hippocritical.  maybe anyone using an official dlc ID for their cdlc should be banned.  no offense but it is no different because cherub rock or any other dlc ID is still official ID and ( using cherub rock for example) any song that is not cherub rock using the id could be classified as official dlc reworked into unofficial CDLC. 

my point is that tehse "creators" ( talking RS here) can save alot of time if they just did a little research before embarking on their mission ( and screwing it up).  as far as cdlc creators i got no issue they are doign something i cant ever seem to work, but at the same time when cdlc comes out the creators of said cdlc arent to keen on accurcy from an artist standpoint ( wrong tuning, 27 and 28 fret guitars??, etc.)  i do appreciate teh effort cdlc creators put in, but i would think at least 1 person would make a cdlc as teh artist plays it.  when you learn a song via rs, and then play along with a video, or album and you are out of tune and sound like crap compared to album or vid one can only imagine how these cdlc creators must sound like on stage.  however, this might be why they are on rs and making cdlc because it saves them from being booed off of a stage LOL

• Administrator

@@lordraptor1 Many points here to tackle but you seems pretty dead on that professional can't do their job correctly so it might be hard to get some point across.

Using the ID of one DLC is very different to allowing user to share content that would cut into Ubisoft business. If we allow you to share modification of an official DLC for free, that means that it's less money getting into Ubisoft so less support for Rocksmith and less DLC in long term and even the death of the game that we use for that content. Note that nobody can stop you from doing whatever you want with the DLC you own but we won't help you either modify it or sharing it over here as it would just means tons of legal trouble and issue for the game and the dev that we absolutely don't want.

As for the amount of issue with official DLC, i'm a bit skeptical that it's as problematic as you make it sound especially when you barely point toward any evidence of wrong doing in official DLC while attacking it. If it's that obvious, you shouldn't have a hard time to come up with proof of those issue and stating that professional are just not doing any research when their DLC have proven on many occasion that they are more accurate than tab you can find on the internet seems incredibly weird (your first comment was even wrong regarding the issue with the official DLC Slither...).

Also please don't put all CDLC creators in the same boat, i do my research and put tons of time and effort to make sure my CDLC are as close as possible to how artist plays it and to make it sure you can learn the song from my CDLC. Sure some don't put the effort in but i do and the fact you ignore those who do is hurtful for those who put the effort.

You are stating things as if they were truth when counter example aren't hard to find and claim that we are hypocritical for not allowing modification of oDLC when we have good reason to not allow it for the sake of everyone that uses and develop RS.

But if you are willing to go around and bring proof to what you claim, then it'll be easier to discuss those specific issue but doing broad generalization like you are doing right now can only hurt the ones that doesn't fit what you say.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography