WIP - Black Keys - Meet Me In The City

cstewart

This one is definitely a work in progress but I wanted to get something posted so the feedback can start pouring in like a biblical flood.

PC Download

• Rhythm track shows an X for me, but if you click on it, it is there.
  • Tones currently suck
  • Arrangements:
  • Lead - This will eventually include all the overdubbed reverby fills and solos, maybe 25% done.  Right now, the first solo is pretty much complete and the second is started but that's about it.
  • Rhythm - This is the same as alternate rhythm but with the bass drone removed, so you can play with a pick.
  • Alternate Rhythm - This is the bulk of the song.  It's about 90% done.  It has a droning bassline on the open A string, so unless you have some insane string muting skills, you have to fingerpick this.  It's supposed to be the default rhythm track but I put it in the wrong spot.
  • Like 1

Doesn't he usually play with his fingers? From the live videos I've seen of him, I don't recall seeing him play with a pick. It helps that he drenches the guitar in fuzz, makes it much easier to play with fingers.

I've been working at hybrid picking lately, which is a decent alternative.

• 4 weeks later...