1 file failed to validate

spacey7

Question

I run this in Steam  every time  before i play RS 2014..every time it says " 1 file failed to validate and will be re-acquired"..if i run it again later without launching RS ,,,it says all files validated...Is there a way to find out which file is causing this? Also after i launch RS 2014, i alt-tab,right click speakers and check properties of recording device...Go to levels and it is usually 17 ,,which i up to 77...these numbers are usually always the same (17)..sometimes though it comes up as some other number that doesn,t have a 7 in it...wondering if this is the file that causes this?

5 answers to this question

• Administrator

@@spacey7 You shouldn't need to change the device volume with windows, the calibration and the gain adjustment in the Rocksmith option should already set it to the perfect level for your own situation, fiddling with this can only make things worst.

I'm not sure what can make the file being corrupted for steam to not validate it but you can always try to not change the windows volume of the cable and see if it still does it.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

ok, calibrated in-game...played a song..exited...ran validate file,,said 1 file failed.....started game again,played song, exited..didn,t run the file validate....started game again and it played fine ...Not gonna bother running the validation if it seems ok..

Also, i think it sounded a little bit better after calibrating in game...Volume was fine..Must,ve been messing things up with device volume like you said !

Thanks!!

ok, calibrated in-game...played a song..exited...ran validate file,,said 1 file failed.....started game again,played song, exited..didn,t run the file validate....started game again and it played fine ...Not gonna bother running the validation if it seems ok..

Also, i think it sounded a little bit better after calibrating in game...Volume was fine..Must,ve been messing things up with device volume like you said !

Thanks!!

Check the CDLC Song Manager program. That'll help you out a lot!

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk