Setting a Random Tuning Bug?

I'm trying to compile a CDLC which has an eight string arrangement with a strange tuning. 

The tuning from lowest to highest:

C#AEADG.

In EOF, this would be -15 -12 -10 -10 -9 -9. I know that the tool kit can't go above or below 10. My solution was to make the tuning -3 0 2 2 3 3 instead. 

When I import this arrangement with this tuning and lower the frequency to 330hz. I check the tuning after I compiled the CDLC, and instead of -3, it is 9. This is the incorrect tuning. Everything else is fine, it's just the C# note the toolkit doesn't like. 

I made a quick video to show what was happening:

https://streamable.com/sua2x

Edit: I give up. It seems things that should be simple are not because automatic is a thing. 

I decided to put the C tuning into a bass track instead. Then there's just a standard eight string tuning for rhythm. I'm hoping this will work. 

You should use 220Hz as the A frequency to go an octave lower (12 half step).

Thanks. I don't know how frequency works. I know that it adjusts the tone. 

But I'm still having the same issue. The tuning keeps randomly going to 9 0 2 2 3 3

• Developer

@SuperSonic  Plz PM or post the link to your original EOF project files (before xml arrangements have been run through the toolkit).  Maybe the toolkit is trying to auto fix a low bass tuning issue.  I will have to take a look. 

What happens if you don't change the frequency?   In the video, it doesn't appear that you are creating a new custom tuning name (you are reusing one that you already created in past).  Try creating a new tuning name with -3 0 2 2 3 3 as the old name has been stored with the incorrect tuning so toolkit keeps changing tuning to what was stored previously.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer

@SuperSonic  Plz upgrade to latest beta/test version of toolkit first.

In the original EOF project files you PM, the tuning is shown as:

<tuning string5="-9" string4="-9" string3="-10" string2="-10" string1="0" string0="-3"/>

The toolkit changes this to:

<tuning string5="-3" string4="0" string3="-10" string2="-10" string1="-9" string0="-9"/> aka DbAEADG

Now while in the toolkit 'Creator, Edit or Confirm Tuning' popup, create your new tuning name 'C#AEADG' and enter the tuning as '-3 0 2 2 3 3'.  Be sure to check the box 'Add as new Tuning' then click OK.  Then as @@firekorn suggested change the frequency to 220 Hz.  Finally generate your CDLC.   This worked for me.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

@SuperSonic  Plz upgrade to latest beta/test version of toolkit first.

In the original EOF project files you PM, the tuning is shown as:

<tuning string5="-9" string4="-9" string3="-10" string2="-10" string1="0" string0="-3"/>

The toolkit changes this to:

<tuning string5="-3" string4="0" string3="-10" string2="-10" string1="-9" string0="-9"/> aka DbAEADG

Now while in the toolkit 'Creator, Edit or Confirm Tuning' popup, create your new tuning name 'C#AEADG' and enter the tuning as '-3 0 2 2 3 3'.  Be sure to check the box 'Add as new Tuning' then click OK.  Then as @@firekorn suggested change the frequency to 220 Hz.  Finally generate your CDLC.   This worked for me.

Strange. Making the new tuning fixed it. I just put in 'Custom Tuning' and it worked. Even after changing the frequency. I don't know if my Toolkit was outdated, because my SSD recently died with all my Rocksmith 2014 files on it. I downloaded the latest version of the toolkit today. I did make a new tuning before, but it kept changing to some random tuning. Now I got the outcome I wanted. Thanks for fixing the issue. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy