How can i change the [Selections] of a CDLC ?

alaslipknot

Question

Hi everyone, 

Am trying to learn Metallica - Turn the page, and honestly the most difficult part in it is how the song is divided, i really don't like that at the same selection the "power riffs" and the "mini-solos" are in the same selection, it really make practicing a bit harder. 

Is there a way to solve this please ? 

thank you!

4 answers to this question

• Administrator

@@alaslipknot You would need to edit the section in the CDLC. Unless you have knowledge on how to edit/create a CDLC, this might be a bit complicated.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

@@alaslipknot - I believe that if you add dynamic difficulty to the song it will create new sections for you to select in riff repeater. I don't think that song has a ton of measures, so a phrase length of 2 should work fine and break everything into manageable pieces (though for most songs you'd probably want a longer phrase length).

• Like 1

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

@@firekorn - Yeah, I don't think it technically does add sections, but I think that doesn't matter anymore (since ~Remastered).

I think when they did the update they changed how sections/phrases work, so that phrases became the smallest selectable portions in riff repeater. I think this allowed them to fix silly things (like in The Thrill is Gone where the entire outro was one section but many phrases and so couldn't be broken into pieces for riff repeater) without having to actually change the file for it.

But anyway, don't take my word for it. Try adding DD to a file with no sections (broken camera) or a file with long sections and no dynamic difficulty and see what happens. I'm pretty sure you'll find that you can use riff repeater on every phrase that DDC creates afterward. It's not as good as having the sections/phrases selected manually by an author that can figure out what will most likely trouble players, but it's a hell of a lot better than the broken crap it would be otherwise.

• Like 1

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!