Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 23

Joey

Works for me.I look forward to improving and moving up. The entire idea of this little competition is really cool, btw

I believe it's from the original ubisoft forums, might you be interested in playing another championship with official songs. 

I would be down for that!  Also am I missing something? When I checked the leaderboards, the song names are different and my name and score aren't there.  Did I forget to do something?

I would be down for that!  Also am I missing something? When I checked the leaderboards, the song names are different and my name and score aren't there.  Did I forget to do something?

The leaderboard is a multi-sheet spreadsheet.  At the bottom, you should see a list of weeks.  If you open it and don't see the current week's songs, check the bottom.  If you don't see "week 23," hit the right arrow until it appears.  When you click on that, it'll bring you to this week.  In there, I see you as the only bass entrant for the beginner class this week.

Glad to see some Halestorm, and they are one of my favorite bands. However, I do believe this custom isn't 100%. I've always played it in Drop D, and there are parts you play open bottom strings. However, still a good custom. I will be submitting scores maybe tonight.

Just checked a live video and it looks to me like she play power cords in E standard.  Im sure its easier in drop D tho.

Glad to see some Halestorm, and they are one of my favorite bands. However, I do believe this custom isn't 100%. I've always played it in Drop D, and there are parts you play open bottom strings. However, still a good custom. I will be submitting scores maybe tonight.

Just checked a live video and it looks to me like she play power cords in E standard.  Im sure its easier in drop D tho.

Its possible. But from the video below she is in Drop D.

Also the video below is how I play it. I start with the power chord on the 7th fret, which would be an A power chord (I'm not really familiar with theory, so it may actually be an Am or a variant of A). In the video above Lzzy looks to play it the same way, but her A chord actually uses strings 5,4,3 and using an A there on 2nd fret.

That video sure looks like drop d. I guess the chance that she does it in various tunings is really small.

I don't think they do either. Plus her Explorer is her main Drop D guitar. But the reason I mention it is that while in the video during the chorus Lzzy is playing something different, but Joe is playing an open D chord. It was just throwing me off when I played it. Not bashing the custom or anything. Just confusing to me a little.

So who wants to explain to the newbie how you can tell what tuning she's in by looking at that video?  I mean, I can tell her hands are in entirely different places than the E used in the custom.  But, I wouldn't have been able to use that to narrow down the tuning.

What am I missing?  Are you going purely by sound?

If you look at the video closely and look at her fingers she is barring the low e and A strings to form a barre chord. That is how you can tell its in a different tuning. If it was a standard E tuning she would be doing a power chord for that part of the song on those strings which is what we are doing with the song now. 

So who wants to explain to the newbie how you can tell what tuning she's in by looking at that video?  I mean, I can tell her hands are in entirely different places than the E used in the custom.  But, I wouldn't have been able to use that to narrow down the tuning.

What am I missing?  Are you going purely by sound?

Well for me its a combo of both. I've always played it in Drop D, but the custom is in E standard. For the most part, the only difference is in E Standard you would use 2-3 fingers to hold a power chord, while Drop D you would only use one, and all three notes would be on the same fret. But on top of that, Drop D is a full step lower on the 6th string, so there is a different sound if nothing is fretted. So just by watching how she is holding power chords that involve the 6th string is a good giveaway on if it is E Standard or Drop D.

As for sound, like I said in the chorus there is a part that is a D chord, which is the open three low strings, and you can't do that in E standard.

Was about to say the same thing. Drop D is a full tone lower (2 frets) so yeah, it'd be the same fret for those power chords that use the D string.

That's cheating surely? Easier to play, perform and sing, I suppose. ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Another play and it looks like my 1/8 turn on my truss rod has paid off..

Notes I was 'missing' are now detected. I am pretty damn sure I am not playing them differently!

98.79% and 223 Streak..  :cool:

http://i1337.photobucket.com/albums/o680/Hostilian/HalestormMiseryL9879_zpsa0d95959.jpg

• Like 1