Help With Input Latency Please

dirtydanisreal

Question

ive been playing guitar for 10 years and i know when im hitting the notes on time, but there is some latency and it is throwing my playing off since my input is JUST off enough to cause an issue with me playing in time with the song. When im set to Win32UltraLowLatencyMode=1 in the ini it gives me the crackling sound. on win 10 btw. And i have the LatencyBuffer=1 which is the lowest it can go. the adapter cord wont work in a USB 3.0 port.  and im not sure quite how to tweak the display correction meter in game. Its really getting frustrating to try to practice with this issue,

4 answers to this question

@@dirtydanisreal
if you've got amp you could use Y-switch or di-box to play through your amp and still able to get scores in Rocksmith

ultralowlatency use buffer 128-144 bytes instead of 256 wich gets you to buffer crackiling issues

but anyway make sure you've got 16 bit 48000hz on your output device and it's internal or pci-e sound card
try setting output buffer manually and play with the latency buffer(you could debug it using audio log to see actual buffer values you've got with given latency

Also there's visual lag correction in Rocksmith (in display options I guess)

you can adjust it to compensate audio lag but it will work if you would play by eyes only and adjusting your hands action (works only when you use headphones tho)

@@dirtydanisreal

if you've got amp you could use Y-switch or di-box to play through your amp and still able to get scores in Rocksmith

ultralowlatency use buffer 128-144 bytes instead of 256 wich gets you to buffer crackiling issues

but anyway make sure you've got 16 bit 48000hz on your output device and it's internal or pci-e sound card

try setting output buffer manually and play with the latency buffer(you could debug it using audio log to see actual buffer values you've got with given latency

Also there's visual lag correction in Rocksmith (in display options I guess)

you can adjust it to compensate audio lag but it will work if you would play by eyes only and adjusting your hands action (works only when you use headphones tho)

ive got a 144hz 1ms GYSNC monitor. and i have just a stock dell sound card. im using headphones. I says when i have the win32ultralowlatency on it is like 3ms and when its off it is 22ms. but i cant figure out how to get the crackling to go away. I can post my audio log if that will help

i got it down the outputbuffer to 160. anything lower than that unless zero and there is no sound at all. there is still a bit of crackling. i noticed this in the log 

wow64_fix. is there anyway to enable that? that must reference a x64 OS.

here is the log

00000000:  : INIT ExclusiveMode 1
00000000:  : INIT LatencyBuffer 4
00000000:  : INIT ForceWDM 0
00000000:  : INIT ForceDirectXSink 0
00000042:  : WASAPI::OpenStream(output): framesPerUser[ 128 ] framesPerHost[ 160 ] latency[ 3.33ms ] exclusive[ YES ] wow64_fix[ NO ] mode[ EVENT ]
00000042:  : pSinkPortAudio->Init() == AK_Success
00000042:  : ************* NSoundInputMgr_Win32::SETUP mUsePortAudio 1 mUseNWin32 0 mUseWaveIn 0 mForceDirectXSink 0 mForceWDM 0 
00000042:  : ************* NSoundInputMgr_Win32::SETUP mRealtoneCableOnly 1 
00009622:  : AK::ReleaseAudioSink WMFocusCallback

@@dirtydanisreal, here's my rocksmith.ini values
[Audio]
EnableMicrophone=0
ExclusiveMode=1
LatencyBuffer=1
ForceDefaultPlaybackDevice=1
ForceWDM=0
ForceDirectXSink=0
Win32UltraLowLatencyMode=1
DumpAudioLog=0
MaxOutputBufferSize=128

works well on win 10 64 bit with headphones set to 16 bit 48000 hz stereo, make sure you've ticked monoply mode and other one checkbox in settings of  your output device, since it may be the reason, also no recording while playing rs with such setup, only by external camers I guess >_> your Display may be goo and give you clean 60 fps feel, but that's not the case why you've got issues with audio buffer...