Acces to the path TuningDefinition.xml is denied

PyroBillie

I kinda get this message alot, always happens to song with custom tuning, and I know some songs work perfectly fine.

What do I have to do to fix this?

''- Repair failed ... Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\CustomsForgeSongManager\RocksmithToolkitLib.TuningDefinition.xml' is denied.

- See 'remastered_error.log' file''

Check out my Custom Inlays topic here

Customize those dots at fret 3, 5, 7,... with your favourite band logo!

Check out my Youtube channel here

Rock, Punk and Metal Rocksmith playthroughs, Just Dance Audio Swaps and Synthesia Piano Plays

Rise Against DG - ADTR DG - Enter Shikari DG

Beartooth DG - Senses Fail DG - Just Dance Topic

In Windows Vista and newer, the default behavior is that write access to anything within either of the Program Files folders is restricted unless the program is running with administrator privileges. Being logged in as an administrator is not enough, the program either has to prompt the user (you'll see a prompt asking you to allow it to make changes to the computer) for this each time the program is run, or the program has to be manually started with this permission (the "run as administrator" option in the context menu). It may be easiest to avoid this by having the song manager installed someplace not within either of the Program Files folders.

• Like 1

• Developer

Plz post the 'remastered_error.log' and the 'debug.log' files here or provide a link.  It may just be that you are trying to repair a song that is corrupt.  

There's also another possibility.  The TuningDefinition.xml does not contain the custom tuning used in the song.  If this is case then you may have to add the tuning the xml file manually to avoid the error.  What CDLCs have the custom tunings that are causing the errors?  Post links and I will check and add a work around to CFSM if necessary.

• Like 1

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

Plz post the 'remastered_error.log' and the 'debug.log' files here or provide a link.  It may just be that you are trying to repair a song that is corrupt.  

There's also another possibility.  The TuningDefinition.xml does not contain the custom tuning used in the song.  If this is case then you may have to add the tuning the xml file manually to avoid the error.  What CDLCs have the custom tunings that are causing the errors?  Post links and I will check and add a work around to CFSM if necessary.

remastered_error.log:

12-30-16 13:49

File Path, Error Message
c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\dlc\alltimelow_damnedifidoya_v1_DD_p.psarc, Could not apply DD to: Guitar - Lead [Drop D] (dist, overdrive, Delay)

01-12-17 20:24
File Path, Error Message
c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\cfsm\remastered\corrupt\Skillet_Sometimes_v1_p.cor.psarc, Corrupt CDLC

01-15-17 18:06
File Path, Error Message
c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\dlc\alltimelow_damnedifidoya_v1_DD_p.psarc, Could not apply DD to: Guitar - Lead [Drop D] (dist, overdrive, Delay)

04-23-17 11:11
File Path, Error Message
c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\cfsm\remastered\corrupt\Metallica - One.1.2_p.cor.psarc, Corrupt CDLC
c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\cfsm\remastered\corrupt\Skillet_Comatose_v3_DD_p.cor.psarc, Corrupt CDLC
c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\cfsm\remastered\corrupt\Disturbed_Stupify_v2_DD_p.cor.psarc, Corrupt CDLC
c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\cfsm\remastered\corrupt\HailToTheKingDDV12_p.cor.psarc, Corrupt CDLC
c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\cfsm\remastered\maxfive\Halestorm_I-Miss-The-Misery_v2_p.max.psarc, Maximum playable arrangement limit exceeded
c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\cfsm\remastered\corrupt\FFDP_Jekyll-And-Hyde_v_p.cor.psarc, Corrupt CDLC
c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\cfsm\remastered\corrupt\Five-Finger-Death-Punch_Bad-Company_v093_p.cor.psarc, Corrupt CDLC
c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\cfsm\remastered\corrupt\Skillet_Whispers-In-the-Dark_v1_5_DD_p.cor.psarc, Corrupt CDLC
c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\cfsm\remastered\corrupt\JP_DyingBreed_2v2_p.cor.psarc, Corrupt CDLC
c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\cfsm\remastered\corrupt\Disturbed_Another-Way-To-Die_v1_DD_p.cor.psarc, Corrupt CDLC
c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\cfsm\remastered\corrupt\Disturbed_Decadence_v1_DD_p.cor.psarc, Corrupt CDLC
c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\cfsm\remastered\corrupt\Disturbed_Haunted_v1_DD_p.cor.psarc, Corrupt CDLC
c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\cfsm\remastered\corrupt\Amaranthe_Drop-Dead-Cynical_v4_p_bassfix_p.cor.psarc, Corrupt CDLC
c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\cfsm\remastered\corrupt\Amaranthe_Nexus_v4_DD_p.cor.psarc, Corrupt CDLC
c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\cfsm\remastered\corrupt\Sum-41_March-Of-The-Dogs_v1_DD_p.cor.psarc, Corrupt CDLC
c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\cfsm\remastered\corrupt\Sum-41_Makes-No-Difference_v1_DD_p.cor.psarc, Corrupt CDLC
c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\cfsm\remastered\corrupt\Five-Finger-Death-Punch_The-Bleeding_v2_DD_p.cor.psarc, Corrupt CDLC
c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\cfsm\remastered\corrupt\Neck-Deep_December_v_p.cor.psarc, Corrupt CDLC
c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\cfsm\remastered\corrupt\American-Football_Never-Meant_v1_p.cor.psarc, Corrupt CDLC
c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\cfsm\remastered\corrupt\Beartooth_Keep-Your-American-Dream_v1_DD_p.cor.psarc, Corrupt CDLC
c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\cfsm\remastered\corrupt\Jarrod-Alonge_Bite-the-Curb_v1_DD_p.cor.psarc, Corrupt CDLC

04-25-17 18:56
File Path, Error Message
c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\cfsm\remastered\corrupt\Periphery_Scarlet_v1_0_p.cor.psarc, Corrupt CDLC
c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\cfsm\remastered\corrupt\Bring Me The Horizon - Can You Feel My Heart_p.cor.psarc, Corrupt CDLC
c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\cfsm\remastered\corrupt\Rob-Scallon_Chronosil_v_p.cor.psarc, Corrupt CDLC
c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\cfsm\remastered\corrupt\Periphery_Icarus-Lives_v1_0_p.cor.psarc, Corrupt CDLC
c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\cfsm\remastered\corrupt\Bring-Me-The-Horizon_Pray-For-Plagues_v1_p.cor.psarc, Corrupt CDLC

05-02-17 11:59
File Path, Error Message
c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\cfsm\remastered\corrupt\Neck-Deep_December_v_p.cor.psarc, Corrupt CDLC

05-10-17 15:19
File Path, Error Message
c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\cfsm\remastered\maxfive\Anti-Flag_This-Is-the-End-For-You-My-Friend_v1_p.max.psarc, Maximum playable arrangement limit exceeded
c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\cfsm\remastered\corrupt\Halestorm_Bad-Romance_v1_p.cor.psarc, Corrupt CDLC
c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\cfsm\remastered\corrupt\Anti-Flag_RankNFile_v1_p.cor.psarc, Corrupt CDLC

06-04-17 11:45
File Path, Error Message
c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\cfsm\remastered\corrupt\Chelsea-Grin_The-Human-Condition_v1_DD_p.cor.psarc, Corrupt CDLC
c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\cfsm\remastered\corrupt\Chelsea-Grin_Cheyne-Stokes_v1_p.cor.psarc, Corrupt CDLC
c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\cfsm\remastered\corrupt\Architects_Naysayer_v1_p.cor.psarc, Corrupt CDLC

06-29-17 13:50
File Path, Error Message
c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\cfsm\remastered\corrupt\Rise-Against_The-Eco-Terrorist-Inside-Me_v_p.cor.psarc, Corrupt CDLC

07-13-17 15:12
File Path, Error Message
c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\cfsm\remastered\corrupt\Rise-Against_The-Eco-Terrorist-Inside-Me_v_p.cor.psarc, Corrupt CDLC

07-19-17 18:01
File Path, Error Message
c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\cfsm\remastered\corrupt\Tonight-Alive_Little-Lion-Man_v1_p.cor.psarc, Corrupt CDLC
c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\cfsm\remastered\corrupt\For-All-Those-Sleeping_You-Belong-With-Me_v1_p.cor.psarc, Corrupt CDLC
c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\cfsm\remastered\corrupt\Silverstein_Apologize_v1_DD_p.cor.psarc, Corrupt CDLC

The tunings that don't work are the where CFSM displays the song tuning as custom tuning indeed, and that would be C Drop Bb, that would be -6 -4 -4 -4 -4 -4 (frets)

The lowest tuning in the .xml seems to be C standard

Live feed: I'm gonna try to add the tuning manually and try repair

Check out my Custom Inlays topic here

Customize those dots at fret 3, 5, 7,... with your favourite band logo!

Check out my Youtube channel here

Rock, Punk and Metal Rocksmith playthroughs, Just Dance Audio Swaps and Synthesia Piano Plays

Rise Against DG - ADTR DG - Enter Shikari DG

Beartooth DG - Senses Fail DG - Just Dance Topic

• Developer

CFSM just doing a good job.   :plus1:  You had lots of corrupt CDLC.  The few that have 'Could not apply DD to:' we would have to debug the psarc to understand better.

Look here for an explanation of why CFSM removes corrupt CDLC.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.