Led Zeppelin Tribute Page, Talk, Post Scores and Debate

RevT2

Question

First I would like to thank everyone who has worked on Led Zeppelin Customs most especially @@GetTheLedOut for all his hard work on the Led Zeppelin Discography Project which you can find here.

http://customsforge.com/topic/1299-led-zeppelin/

Being one of my all time favorite bands I wanted to see how others are doing on mastering Led Zeppelin. Always a challenge and always fun lets post videos and screen shots and challenge one another to do better.

Feel free to post anything you like provided it's Led Zeppelin based.

While I'm just a beginner myself I hope everyone has fun and lets Get The Led Out.

It's good to know that everyone I idolize at one time or another in their career was where I am right now.

xygc1vpatg2zi076g.jpg

17 answers to this question

I will start I know these are some of the easier songs for bass from Zeppelin but it's where I'm at right now.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's good to know that everyone I idolize at one time or another in their career was where I am right now.

xygc1vpatg2zi076g.jpg

I can already tell that this is going to be my new favorite thread :) I bet @@Womac911 will make the occasional appearance as well.Nice scores, man. Lets see what you get on The Lemon Song haha

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

I hope it's a good thread, The lemon song huh, I think that may be a while lol

I'm really looking forward to seeing some video's of people playing. I don't have the set up to make videos right now.

I can already tell that this is going to be my new favorite thread :) I bet @@Womac911 will make the occasional appearance as well.Nice scores, man. Lets see what you get on The Lemon Song haha

xygc1vpatg2zi076g.jpg

I've never been more proud of an 82% accuracy score (The Lemon Song bass) haha. I'll post a screenshot the next time I play it.If it wasn't for RS's "generous" note recognition, the score could have easily been somewhere in 50-60% range. But it's always fun to play, regardless of the score.

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

@@GetTheLedOut My attempt at the Lemon song leaves far too much to be desired right now. Almost have the bulk of Gallows pole down that last section is pretty fast for me but I'm hoping to post a score from that one this weekend. The thing I like about JPJ is you can play the song once you have the main rifts down, now emulating exactly how he played it or at least how it's tabbed is another story. I did hear in an interview with him when he was asked how do people do when creating tabs for your songs, do they get it right? He laughed a little and said "never". LOL Which could go either way for me.

xygc1vpatg2zi076g.jpg

Haha, yeah that's very true. That was when he was showing how he plays the Whole Lotta Love bassline, which I now need to go back and fix. But Zeppelin bass tabs are almost always wrong, in one way or another.

Here's my best on The Lemon Song so far:

http://i.imgur.com/c3kFPew.png

@@GetTheLedOut That's a nice score on that song. I'm at around 60% after 2 try's. :eek: I'm thinking that working my way up the ladder of difficulty with Zep will increase my speed over all. I'm now playing Gallows Pole at about 95% at 90% speed I was practicing today at 97% so I'm getting there. The more I push myself with Zep the better my playing is getting across the board. 2 Hr's of Gallows Pole today and few others just to give my arm a rest, I'm done for the night I will hit it again in the morning.

xygc1vpatg2zi076g.jpg

My ears are ringing.... 

BTW I spoke to a couple of the Zep tribute guitarists I work with about a chord in Communication breakdown that I questioned. After watching a few Zep vids closely I realized they were correct. 

The chord is visible in this video

right at the 1:21-1:22 mark. 

You mean the A chord during the chorus that Jimmy up-picks? In my CDLC it goes like this:E-5 A-7 D-5 G-6I think I got it right, based on his hand position.

You mean the A chord during the chorus that Jimmy up-picks? In my CDLC it goes like this:E-5 A-7 D-5 G-6I think I got it right, based on his hand position.

no, sorey..  I think it's exactly where, or a millisecond after, the change to the 1:22 time.  He inverts his fingering...

phonetically.. 

du du du du du BAAA du BAAA

the middle chord is the one I'm talking about...

A-7  D-7  G-6  B-5 

I don't have anything to capture an image of it with right now...  new PC install. 

Ahha, E6sus4, apparently. 

ah, yes. I see it now....Jimmy, you tricky bastard.It sounds way better this way, without the bassy-ness of the power chord.I'm in EoF, changing it now :)

On a side note, that Denmark radio set might very well be my favorite Zeppelin performance. Just so much energy, among all of them, and good god Jimmy's playing is as good as it ever was.I wonder how infamous that Telecaster would be today if his idiot "friend" hadn't painted over it. 

ah, yes. I see it now....Jimmy, you tricky bastard.It sounds way better this way, without the bassy-ness of the power chord.I'm in EoF, changing it now :)

Changing it.. cool. That's one of the things my hands won't do properly, so I'll miss that chord from now on probably. lol.  The power chord version was always easier to deal with for me. 

A few repeats later, and I think he does use the power chord.  At the 1:27 mark, he doesn't appear to invert his fingers like he did before... 

watching videos can be pretty eye opening.  It looks like the was pretty consistent with using that chord based on a few other performances. 

Haha ok then. I'll leave it as is for now. I'm not at all surprised that he changes it up, actually.It would also be pretty tough to prove which chord voicing is actually used on the recording. 

I love that performance so much. Babe I'm gonna leave you is crazy. Interesting to see when he changes from pick to fingerstyle on that song.

Ahha, E6sus4, apparently. 

Wouldn't that be an A (major)?

Beats me.  Chords are my weak point.  Looks like it has several different names...

However, confirmation of the chord has been confirmed by a source I trust.  Dom Polito of Classic Albums Live...

http://www.wolfetone.com/guitars/chord.jpg

Dom is playing the Les Paul in this video.  A couple years ago, after this vid was shot, I consulted and help him get closer to the studio tones...