1.3.2.4 BETA bug city (SQUASHED)

GorbyRulez

The latest beta won't launch because it expects to find in the CSFM steam dir the following; duplicates, backup and remastered folders.  To work around it I manually created those folders, only to have the beta launch once successfully and then it promptly deleted all the folders that I had created upon exit.  This results in the app failing out all over again when next called upon to run.

The majority of those folders exist at the root of Rocksmith2014 (not in the CFSM folder).

When you do get the beta sorted please return it to where it is supposed to reside so that we don't have to do a chicken dance to obtain it.  The regular download link hasn't worked in weeks.

• Developer

Your old song.Info.xml file probably contains some paths that are no longer compatible with the new version of CFSM. 

Please download the latest version of CFSM which will increment SongDataListCurrentVersion so that your song.Info.xml file is properly regenerated.  http://appdev.cfmana...//CFSMSetup.rar  This should fix the issue.  Please let me know if does.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

Deleted song.Info.xml and opened 1.3.2.5. CSFM auto scanned my songs. It didn't complain about the missing folders.

But got this error

Exception(UnauthorizedAccessException): Access to the path 'C:\Users\xxxxx\Documents\CFSM\SongPacks\original\cache.psarc.org' is denied

Deleted C:\Users\xxxxx\Documents\CFSM\SongPacks\original\ folder and restarted CSFM. Worked.

I guess this could be done automatically.

Song Pack songs were missing, Scan->Full, songs were there.

BUT closed CSFM, opened again, complained about the folders!!!

• Developer

Have you tried 1.3.3.0?  This should be fixed ...  'Access to the path 'C:\Users\xxxxx\Documents\CFSM\SongPacks\original\cache.psarc.org' is denied'

I know you are tech savoy.  Could please send me a screen shot of your Rocksmith root folder.  I need to know if there are any CFSM related leftovers that need to be moved to 'My Documents/CFSM'.  We are no longer using RS root folder for storage of CFSM reference documents.

The problem is that, I am unable to reproduce your results because my personal RS root has no CFSM remnants.  I'm not really sure what I'm looking for specifically, could be anything CFSM related. 

Also did you try deleting the 'My Documents/CFSM' folder contents?  CFSM will recreate a fresh folder on startup.

CFSM will probably be the same in a couple of weeks if you are not able to help debug.  Sry.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

Deleted CSFM directory from RS folder.

Deleted CSFM folder from Documents

Installed 1.3.3.0

It started ok. Seems to be working after a couple of restarts.

I Enabled RS1 CP and R2014 Base Songs, had to do a Scan Quick. Songs appeared but after restart the songs were gone.

Scan->Full, songs are there.

Restart, Pack songs are gone!

• Developer

I had tried 1.3.2.9 and now just tried 1.3.3.0 (after manually deleting the MyDocs\CFSM folder).  I have 2 screen caps as requested but could never figure out how to upload images here (it expects a URL path?)

I e-mailed the errors and logfile to your gmail addy.

I got your email with the attachments.  Thank you.  Your RS root folder has two, possibly three folders that the new version of CFSM needs to address and had forgot about.  Is the 'duplicates' folder something you created in the RS root folder?

Is there anything in the 'cfsm' folder.  This folder should have been deleted by the new version of CFSM.

You have a couple of poorly named CDLC (probably unrelated to current issue).  Please remove these and then try parsing again:

[2017-07-17 14:09:42]: 's+UpV1_p.psarc parsing took: 119 (msec)

[2017-07-17 14:09:42]: 06+Found+Out+About+You_p.psarc parsing took: 5 (msec)

I add an exception handler to the code.  So that if the error below happens again we will get more error information logged and the code should continue to run.

[2017-07-17 14:11:55]: Exception(DirectoryNotFoundException): Could not find a part of the path 'd:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\cfsm\archives'.

Thanks for help with debugging.  I could not do it without you.

• Developer

@@cfg 'Pack songs are gone'  Do you mean cache.psarc or rs1 compatibility files or both are gone?  From where?  The RS root folder?

Deleted the 2 worrisome DLC and the dupes folder that I had created.

The CFSM folder is not empty but contains a folder "songpacks" and subfolder "originals" which has 6 files contained therein for a toal of 266 MB of data (including the 2 RS1 compat files.  I'm leery to delete that randomly, I did not create it.

• Developer

Now we are getting somewhere, well maybe.  'The CFSM folder is not empty but contains a folder "songpacks" and subfolder "originals" which has 6 files'  This should have been moved and deleted by the new version of CFSM on startup, but was not because 'original' (a typo) was being used instead of 'originals' .   Fixed the typo so it should work.

Yes, be careful.  These are your original cache.psarc and rs1 compatibility files.  Please make a copy of the folder and store in a safe place (outside the RS root folder) until we get this working correctly.  The new version of CFSM should now move the contents of the 'songpacks' folder to the 'My Documents/CFSM' folder.  At least that is how it is supposed to work.

The hard crash may be cause by possibly one of your CDLC having a strange file attribute set (read/write/hidden/archive???).  Could you try running with just one cdlc in  the RS root 'dlc' folder until we figure out more.

Please try 1.3.2.2   Thanks

@@cfg 'Pack songs are gone'  Do you mean cache.psarc or rs1 compatibility files or both are gone?  From where?  The RS root folder?

Sorry, that wasn't very clear.

I meant the songs in the Packs are no longer searchable. They should be if:

Include RS1 Compatibility Pack

Include RS2014 Base Songs

are checked in Settings.

Folder problems were solved for me after deleting both CSFM folders in RS Directory and Documents Directory.

Installed 1.3.3.2
Asked for RS folder (seems to do this after every update now) when starting.
"Include RS1 Compatibility Pack" and "Include RS2014 Base Songs" Settings are unchecked after update.
Can we keep previous settings after upgrade?

Pack Songs are not searchable.

Scan->Full

Songs are searchable.

Restart, songs are NOT searchable.

• Developer

Program still errors out being unable to find the archives dir.  It launches, scans everything then dies and pops up the logfile entry.

Even with only one CDLC in your dlc folder?

• Developer

@@cfg 'Pack Songs are not searchable.  Scan->Full  Songs are searchable.  Restart, songs are NOT searchable.'

Thanks, now I understand and know what to look for in the code.  This is a new/different issue.  The default initial scan did not include the RS1 Compatibility Packs and RS2014 Base Songs regardless of the 'Settings' menu checkbox status.  So in a way this is a new feature request, i.e.,  Compatibility and Base Songs should reload when the program restarts if the 'Settings' menu options are checked.  I will added this feature to the app in next rev.

'Can we keep previous settings after upgrade?'  Yes, after we get these bugs worked out, you will be able to keep your settings when future updates come out.

@@cfg 'Pack Songs are not searchable.  Scan->Full  Songs are searchable.  Restart, songs are NOT searchable.'

Thanks, now I understand and know what to look for in the code.  This is a new/different issue.  The default initial scan did not include the RS1 Compatibility Packs and RS2014 Base Songs regardless of the 'Settings' menu checkbox status.  So in a way this is a new feature request, i.e.,  Compatibility and Base Songs should reload when the program restarts if the 'Settings' menu options are checked.  I will added this feature to the app in next rev.

'Can we keep previous settings after upgrade?'  Yes, after we get these bugs worked out, you will be able to keep your settings when future updates come out.

It seems the Full Scan is not saving the Pack Songs.

Thanks for the quick support.

• Developer

Good Day.  Hope to have something soon for you to test.

• Developer

@GorbyRulez  This bug is very hard to trace because I am not seeing your system when CFSM is loading.   The "unable to find path to ...archives" can only be generated when parsing the settings.xml file.   It seems like your 'My Documents/CFSM' folder is not being fully regenerated, i.e. the settings.xml file was not being deleted.  I changed the cleaning action of the 'My Documents/CFSM' folder to be more thorough.

@cfg  I added the new feature to retain the Settings each time you reload CFSM.  You do not have to use 'Rescan', it should happen automatically.

Please try the latest revision 1.3.3.3.

Could not find a part of the path 'd:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\RockSmith2014\cfsm\archives'.  Could the problem be that double quotes are needed and singles are being used?  I'm not a programmer but I have seen long paths requiring double-quotes.

At any rate, that's the exception being displayed when the app exits abruptly.  If I create that folder then it goes on to display the next missing folder path until finally when all folders are created it will launch and work.  Then the next time the app is launched all folders have been deleted and the missing paths return with a vengeance.  If you had the app create those folders on every launch then things would work - sub-optimal but work-around.

NOTE:  Just tried 1.3.3.4 and after manually selecting the RS2014 install dir I ended up at the same archives folder error.

• Developer

Could not find a part of the path 'd:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\RockSmith2014\cfsm\archives'.   This is a system exception.  I'll look into single quotes, but I don't think it matters in this context.  More remarkable may be that 'd:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\   is in lowercase when based on the screen shot (RSfolder.png) you emailed I would expect this to be mixed case. 

CFSM attempts to automatically pick the RS root folder on a fresh startup. Some data for this is taken from your registry.  On a hunch that the registry data is bad, I am going to bypass this in the next revision and force you to select the RS root manually on fresh startup.

Please try the latest revision 1.3.3.4.

Please make sure to close all files and folder before CFSM is run.  Otherwise CFSM can not rebuild the necessary files and folders.