Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 194

Been a bit lazy lately playing everything but the championship tunes.

Definitely need to play a few slower songs to warm up before hitting some Hammett riffs.

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/v8jhw2f9iwvoql3/221680_20170711195807_1.png?dl=0

• Like 8

ive tried "Intervals / sure shot" and as @@Poutzy already said, thats really harder than the metallica song but pretty fun to play :) still learning some part but here what i got at the moment :)

and again not sure if i can post but its all about having  fun for me so sorry if i did something wrong...

http://nsa38.casimages.com/img/2017/07/11/170711075525721995.jpg

• Like 5

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

small + from last time

http://up.picr.de/29754339wv.jpg

• Like 7

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

Miller Time for dhm try,

i sucked a bit at least, i might be back, super to play, esp. for warmup

http://up.picr.de/29754339wv.jpg

• Like 7

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

smallest improvement ever ....

kkei15pwuuu56o66g.jpg

and the Gorillaz..... well i really don't get it......

b0lpz614w2jh4896g.jpg

i can't get Metallica to work, i get the freeze after tuning syndromes, which is probably as well as i'm running out of picks after Tenacious last week......

• Like 6

Either I'm really tired, or these songs are really hard.

http://i.imgur.com/YsV4PLC.jpg

Suddenly, in the middle of this play, a horde of rabid monkeys descended from the trees and spewed fire all over my face during the arpeggio section. I'm trying to play guitar, here!

http://i.imgur.com/bXFKZMd.jpg

This one is Intervals, so, I mean, I guess you could say that Intervals songs are generally more on the challenging side.

• Like 5

Gamut now active again on Youtube!

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!

So my little Twitch venture has been going pretty awesome lately. :smiley: I'm really close to getting Affiliate status, which unlocks Subscribe and emoticons. I just need to grow a little bit more first. 

Tomorrow, I'm gonna stream a bunch of Rocksmith on my Twitch channel from 3-9pm EST! If you have some free time, it'd mean a lot to me if you could come drop by and hang out for a bit. I play requests! If I get one more decently large stream, I can start to be a Big Deal on Twitch. I'd really appreciate any help you guys can lend on my path to the Stream Dream! :blush:

• Like 5

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

I have a question. It says last week's winner for beginner bass was Tupoloflyer, who did post the highest score for the song, but he also played Beelzeboss and The Flipside, which he got 97.41% and 94.98% respectively. In the rules it says "Your highest level difficulty entry will be chosen as your entrant". So shouldn't Beelzeboss have been his entry for that week, or am I misunderstanding the rules?

His highest difficulty is beginner. He would have to pass the test to become intermediate just as I was trying to do last week. You can play beginner to MC but the only score that matters is the difficulty level you belong in.

The statement means if a MC got 100% and 50 billion for a score, his 50 billion doesn't over ride your 50% score because he is not in that class.

Ah, I see. Thanks @@Tonedef and @@Rodman for clearing that up.

if i was as talented as you maybe i could be more consistant.

Ha, that's a good one. I've been playing for about two months*, and being in my thirties and having never learned any other instrument before, that's not exactly a recipe for quick learning. This week might actually be the first time I've even hit 100% on my first day of trying. Well, on the Orwells song at least, not Gorillaz.

Anyway, the passive aggressive note you ended on there clearly tells me you were offended by my question, so I apologise for that. It was nothing personal or anything. The scores for the two additional songs you posted, combined with the fact that you have 5 points in the intermediate category, made me think that you had recently moved beyond beginner to intermediate already. So when I posted my first score, I had thought that @@Tonedef's entry had been the only one so far, and when I posted my second attempt several days later, I was surprised that there had been no subsequent entries either from him or anyone else, so I thought we were the only two entrants that week. It was therefore surprising when neither one of us won.

I'm sorry if my question came off as a personal attack. I was just trying to understand the rules.

*In the spirit of full disclosure, technically, I guess you could say it's closer to three months total, since I bought my bass in early spring of last year, but I wound up with a rootkit on my PC not long after that I had trouble getting rid of, didn't even turn my PC on for half a year because of it, and didn't really play after that. So after a year, that three or four weeks of previous playing experience didn't amount to anything at all, which is why I say it's been two months. (I did briefly keep playing my PS3 copy after my computer problem, but it's not jailbroken, so the complete lack of CDLC, and small selection of songs ultimately didn't keep me engaged very long.)

---------

week194ajmsjt.jpg

• Like 5

Anyway, the passive aggressive note you ended on there clearly tells me you were offended by my question, so I apologise for that. It was nothing personal or anything.

I didn't see that as passive aggressive at all. Quite the opposite in fact. I have 570 hours on Rocksmith in the 4 years I have been playing and i have been getting lessons for the last few months. Most of that was lead and bass is a different animal but you have been playing 3 months and the 5 weeks you have been here, you have beaten my score 3 times! You have beaten Tupoloflyer every week except last. Your batting over .500 and are going to overtake me on the leader board before long.

I would say for 3 months playing you have something I am trying really hard to get down. Playing a consistent (tupo's word used correctly as I think he meant it) tempo at whatever BPM the song is. It shows in the scores when we are fighting for top scores @ 100%. That is all precision and possibly a little luck.

I think you are selling yourself short.

• Like 8

Yeah, you're probably right, perhaps I was reading something into that comment that wasn't intended. In truth, I had thought about it later and hoped to edit the passive aggressive bit out, because even if it had been meant as such, calling attention to it probably wasn't necessary, and wouldn't lead to anything positive. Usually I'd show more tact than that.

Apologies @@tupoloflyer.

• Like 6

played two more songs, didnt like that much the Orwells but the tragically hip was fun to play :)

http://nsa38.casimages.com/img/2017/07/12/170712085820415367.jpg

http://nsa38.casimages.com/img/2017/07/12/170712085820593065.jpg

• Like 9

So my little Twitch venture has been going pretty awesome lately. :smiley: I'm really close to getting Affiliate status, which unlocks Subscribe and emoticons. I just need to grow a little bit more first. 

Tomorrow, I'm gonna stream a bunch of Rocksmith on my Twitch channel from 3-9pm EST! If you have some free time, it'd mean a lot to me if you could come drop by and hang out for a bit. I play requests! If I get one more decently large stream, I can start to be a Big Deal on Twitch. I'd really appreciate any help you guys can lend on my path to the Stream Dream! :blush:

Turns out my family came home from vacation and want to sleep today, so this shindig's gonna happen tomorrow instead! Hope to see you there~

• Like 4

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

shocked mind...   no need to apologize, I feel i am the one who should offer my apologies.  so let me here say i did not mean to come across as i did, and i apologize for sounding that way.  perhaps i have not kept my work and home life as separate as i should and let my bad day(s) at work slip in to my comments.  i will try to maintain a more professional level here, and if i don't, please feel free to call me on it.  

"Anyway, the passive aggressive note you ended on there clearly tells me you were offended by my question, so I apologize for that."

i did not take offense at your comment, although it did sound otherwise.  i fear i may have included that with good intentions and poor delivery, and did not reread before posting to see how it actually sounded.   i don't harbor any harsh feelings about it.  i'm actually flattered to think someone considers me worthy of moving to a higher level.  

in reality i did mean my closing comment about your talent.  i had noticed you popped up on the board recently, and you seem to be doing quite well.  I know all too well about the learning curve also.  i picked up my first guitar just before i turned 50, and things don't happen like they did when i was younger.  i see progress after a lot of practice, and i see it slide after only a few days off. it can be frustrating for sure.  regardless, I am always amazed and impressed by the talent on this site. 

so play on friend, and good luck with your practice.    

p.s.  it just dawned on me to throw this in, as i am coming off a rough 30 hour shift.....  if i have included something in this entry that sounds other than appreciative, it is not intended that way and is most likely because my mind and fingers may not be on the same page tonight.      o.k. now i think i'm starting to ramble, time to catch some winks.  thanks again to all

• Like 4

I would like the RS Championship leaders to consider a proposal. Have a set "list" that can be used to move up to the next level for those who want to do it the old fashion way and not just wave a magic wand and be promoted.

Simply reasoning is that I have something to work on when a song doesn't recognize bends or slides.... and the other song has been beat to death and there is nothing for me to get promoted with. The other reason is one song may appeal to me more than what comes up the next time. The final reason is you may not have time to work on a song during the rare case a promotion worthy song comes up.

I am totally coming at this from the 1 and done beginner bass perspective as it is much more common to have promote able songs in the above classes and they will happen less often. Guitar is another monster since you need 3 to move up, but I see no reason beginners couldn't have songs to work towards promotion as well.

The list could be pulled pretty quickly from past weeks but I totally understand if this would effect the "system" in a negative way.

• Like 1

rhy +

http://up.picr.de/29775746tb.jpg

• Like 7

that one i wanted to post last time...

http://up.picr.de/29775777uw.jpg

• Like 6

+ lead

http://up.picr.de/29775961uq.jpg

• Like 7

minimal + ? yes.

http://up.picr.de/29776024tu.jpg

ignore those xx - that are the 2 mini sections after the solo

• Like 6

that could´ve been a 97 easily ...

http://up.picr.de/29776662ul.jpg

• Like 7

no x, good score

http://up.picr.de/29776724on.jpg

• Like 8

@@Tonedef bass is a tough one, since many bands simply don't care about bass and have painfully simple lines.

We ussually try to stay with 4 lines that we've got and place them how it makes the most sense (which makes 3s on Intermediate or 4/5 on Advanced many times). Though sometimes we have to add another bass line (like this week's Tragically Hip). We might try to keep bass in a class and avoid as much as we can not to do it that way and have more weeks with additional lines.

About leveling up - it's always your upper class limit (3 for Beg, 5 for Int, 7 for Adv) and score above 99% for guitar or 99.5% for bass.

+ if anyone wants to level up - just ask and we'll do it :) You can work on other songs if week does not satisfies you and decide that you can go up and you'll go.

But you're waitng for more songs of that upper limit... that's not gonna happen. If weekly choices don't have one, it is what it is. You always can try Blues Exercises (check my signature) and post their scores.

• Like 5

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures