Custom Song Manager infected with viruses?!?! WTF

mudhorn

Question

11 answers to this question

• Developer

Most likely because CFSM is being distributed/downloaded as an executable file rather than an archive.  Most AV tries to protect you from downloading executables.  Have a look here for how to AV whitelist CFSM and CF site.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer

@group  Try downloading the latest CFSM beta from this link  http://appdev.cfmanager.com//CFSMSetup.rar and post your results.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer

Thanks for feedback.  @Unleashed2k will update the CF permalinks to the beta and release versions of CFSM  soon so you will be able to download through those again.

your getting my hopes up...  i tried downloading the .rar file without changing any of my av program, and it loads and saves.  wonderful.  i tried installing and the program starts up like normal, starts checking my existing dlc files, then stops with a popup box that has   paint   in the top left corner and the text:  

C:\.......\CFSM\debug.log

paint cannot read this file

this is not a valid bitmap file, or its format is not currently supported.

this also shows a paint icon on the task bar for the popup window

any suggestions??  i haven't seen this one before.  i tried deleting the file, but the message keeps coming back and once i red x or OK the box, it closes out cfsm.

p.s. i did deactivate my av and reran the cfsm, but no change

• Developer

Your old song.Info.xml file probably contains some paths that are no longer compatible with the new version of CFSM. 

Please download the latest version of CFSM which will increment SongDataListCurrentVersion so that your song.Info.xml file is properly regenerated.  http://appdev.cfmana...//CFSMSetup.rar  This should fix the issue.  Please let me know if does.

i downloaded the 1.3.3.2 (whichever you had listed above).  i did not deactivate my av, and everything came in fabulous.  installed cfsm, it starts going through my dlc, then hangs and gives me the "paint" message again.  when it does this i cannot get back into cfsm to check the log, so i am stuck with just closing the error window which then shuts cfsm completely.  i did go into the program manager and uninstall the existing cfsm, then installed the new one.  this was when it started going through the dlc instead of throwing up the message right away.  but deleting the existing did not seem to correct it completely.   i'm getting anxious as it looks like this is getting closer and closer to being ready to run, just if we can find the hangups on this one.   i'm open to suggestions

btw, thanks for all your time and help on this.  really do love your work

ok, i managed to snag the last few entries before the message appears, hope this helps...

loaded fresh song collection file....

saved song  collection file...

loaded saved song collection file...

loaded settings file...

exception(DirectoryNotFoundException): could not find a part of the path 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\rocksmith2014\cfsm\archives'

• Developer

@tupoloflyer  Please join the discussion here.

Check the last thread message and download the latest revision for testing.  Thanks