CDLC Freeze

Lyddenn

Question

I made a custom dlc but it doesn't work. It shows up in the game but without it's album art or preview sound and when i try to play it the game freezes. Can somebody please help I'm really frustrated. If someone wants to have a closer look i can send the eof files.

19 answers to this question

Check each part... 
Repack without lyrics or just 1 part at a time, test each? 
Often if there's an issue with the Album art then Custom Song Creator seems to often error out... so i'm thinking .WEM / .OGG files
or .WAV

or maybe an issue with what u did in EoF...

update all tools and repack?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IL2zOTjhzm3gQCZ3_GR26ocW3ziEhg-2?usp=sharing__
Backup CDLC link ^^ - should list even the ones that got removed for inactive links...
just restored my ability to login again, so will try to slowly resubmit the missing ones...
and hoping to make a small come-back with some new CDLC ideas...

YAMAHA 4-String 24 Frets - D Standard -> C Standard & D Drop C...

ASHTON - 4-String 21 Frets, E Standard, Drop D, Half-Step Down (Nirvana)...

Phoenix? - BASS 21-22 Frets? - 4-in-line Headstock...
(3 BASSES + 2 ELECTRIC G + 2 ACOUSTICS + a UKE)

Les Paul Special II - Guitar 

IBANEZ - USED MODIFIED MODEL...
After-market Tremolo Bridge + head-stock locking nut thingys --- Free 1994-ish Guitar =   🙂

Check each part... 

Repack without lyrics or just 1 part at a time, test each? 

Often if there's an issue with the Album art then Custom Song Creator seems to often error out... so i'm thinking .WEM / .OGG files

or .WAV

or maybe an issue with what u did in EoF...

update all tools and repack?

After first fail i did everything again but the result was still the same. I tried to change the album art but it didn't work either. I am still learning how to create customs so i can't really tell where i did wrong. I can put the files in google drive if you want to take a look it would really be awesome.

• Developer

After i click generate in the toolpack this comes out : https://i.hizliresim.com/6XqaV0.png

Upgrade your version of the toolkit to latest beta.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

After i click generate in the toolpack this comes out : https://i.hizliresim.com/6XqaV0.png

Not Sure we're able to use such a long Unique Key...

Also you will want to Set a Default Tone ... that way even if u don't have a tone assigned it'll still know what to default to, although i don't think this corrupts the saves any more...

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IL2zOTjhzm3gQCZ3_GR26ocW3ziEhg-2?usp=sharing__
Backup CDLC link ^^ - should list even the ones that got removed for inactive links...
just restored my ability to login again, so will try to slowly resubmit the missing ones...
and hoping to make a small come-back with some new CDLC ideas...

YAMAHA 4-String 24 Frets - D Standard -> C Standard & D Drop C...

ASHTON - 4-String 21 Frets, E Standard, Drop D, Half-Step Down (Nirvana)...

Phoenix? - BASS 21-22 Frets? - 4-in-line Headstock...
(3 BASSES + 2 ELECTRIC G + 2 ACOUSTICS + a UKE)

Les Paul Special II - Guitar 

IBANEZ - USED MODIFIED MODEL...
After-market Tremolo Bridge + head-stock locking nut thingys --- Free 1994-ish Guitar =   🙂

• Developer

I upgraded the toolkit but that still comes out. When i say no i get this error : https://i.hizliresim.com/N1g015.png

You are still using old version of toolkit.  You should be using this ... Latest test build - 2.8.2.0 (rev 4270354d) 

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

I upgraded the toolkit but that still comes out. When i say no i get this error : https://i.hizliresim.com/N1g015.png

You are still using old version of toolkit.  You should be using this ... Latest test build - 2.8.2.0 (rev 4270354d) 

No I updated it but it still  gives the same error. However in the updated version when i click no the toolkit tries to save  a .dlc file

• Developer

@@cozy1, let's test showlights one more time and put a  new release, ok??

Ok.  But issue here seems to have nothing to do with showlights.  Probably has more to do with EOF generation of abridged xml files which are not supported by the version of the toolkit that this user has installed.

• Developer

No I updated it but it still  gives the same error. However in the updated version when i click no the toolkit tries to save  a .dlc file

Take a look at the version number in the application title of the screen shot you posted.  It is not the current test version.

Take a look at the version number in the application title of the screen shot you posted.  It is not the current test version.

After that screenshot i upgraded the toolkit. It is v2.8.2.0 right now. 

Also i put the files on drive maybe they will be helpful : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwIZazI3MCIyZUxuMmlpTGVBWEk

• Developer

You waste our time by posting sreenshots of old versions.  GLTY

• Like 1

• Developer

@Lyddenn  It is bad practice to begin the audio of a CDLC at time zero.  You should insert leading blank audio with EOF.  Also, delete all extraneous audio files from your EOF project folder, i.e. you should only have a guitar.ogg or guitar.wav file.  Also delete cst_showlights.xml file. 

Try the latest beta/test version of the toolkit that I just posted.  It should take care of the problem you were having.

• Like 1

@Lyddenn  It is bad practice to begin the audio of a CDLC at time zero.  You should insert leading blank audio with EOF.  Also, delete all extraneous audio files from your EOF project folder, i.e. you should only have a guitar.ogg or guitar.wav file.  Also delete cst_showlights.xml file. 

Try the latest beta/test version of the toolkit that I just posted.  It should take care of the problem you were having.

I'm sorry i give you much trouble but i still couldn't fix it. Now i started to get this error : https://i.hizliresim.com/kWL20r.png

• Developer

Plz follow the nice instructions I provided ... (other comments have been edited out for all the children who read this).   You should have ... Latest test build - 2.8.2.0 (rev 8fa5bf3e) ... ok.  

Whatever audio file you are feeding the toolkit is probably marked read only.  You need to change this.

• Like 1