Original tracks vs Backing tracks

AxLShiv

Question

So i currently have just over 100 hours in rocksmith in the year that i've owned rocksmith ( aside from playing guitar without it ) and i had a thought the other day as to improving my overall quality in the art of guitar-ing. Could it be that the guitar playing in the original song be masking the awfulness of my playing? quite possibly... yes i know you could always turn down the song volume in the mixer but then you can't really hear the song and you rely on the visuals to get your timing to the song since you cant hear a hella lot over your playing.

That got me thinking, what if instead we started using backing tracks for our cdlc, that way the vocals are there, the drums are there and probably the bass, that way you'll be playing the guitar to the song without the artists guitar masking your playing.

What do you guys think?

Original tracks

VS

Backing tracks

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

As my missus refers to me as Dave Lister for some unknown reason (I am a guitar glod) I like the actual guitar masking my "ahem" performance :)

Having said that, when I'm not being delusional, I like the CDLC that has the Guitar removed so i can hear where I have improved ---- and where I need to improve --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  -----  and it's fun to actually hear yourself.