Error when unpacking or using DDC

I get this error when I try to unpack or add DD to the .psarc. The initial conversion using the toolkit (most recent beta) works fine, and the NDD version works fine in game. The download folder here has the .psarc and the EoF file I used to make it.

Having this problem again also reminded me of a previous time I'd had this problem (also on a Kreator track, weirdly...) a few months back that I forgot to report. Files for that can be found here, including the original .ogg and the .wem produced by the toolkit if that helps figure out anything.

Let me know if there's anything else I could provide that would help. Thanks!

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

• Developer

I'll take a look.  It will be a few days.

The error message leads me to think it could be a corrupt audio file.  Make sure you delete the wem audio file in the project folder and try again.   Toolkit will use the guitar.ogg file to create wem files.   Are you using 64 bit Wwise?  If so try the 32 bit version of Wwise even on 64 bit machine as it seems more reliable.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

@@cozy1 - I've already tried remaking the .wem, and used different .oggs produced from different .mp3 files to make them, and still haven't had any success with it.

As for using the 32 bit version instead, is there any particular file that I'd want to point the toolkit to, or would I need to reinstall it without installing the 64 bit component?

• Developer

Uninstall the 64bit version of Wwise and manually delete the Wwise installation folder.  Then reinstall the 32bit version from here.  Did you remember to delete all wem audio files from the EOF project folder before using the toolkit?  If you do a custom Wwise installation then you need to properly configure the Wwise CLI path in the toolkit Configuration Menu.

See this and look/search for terms 'WwiseCLI.exe', 'General Config' and 'WWISEROOT'.  It may help you.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

Nothing wrong with wwise wem (and x64 of win32 isn't the issue here) file as I could say it's ok with ww2ogg and I guess it's more likely another part of toolkit, like ddc process

also If you'd like to see what's wwise error is look for 2016 version(convert to wem by hands) which changed track granularity format(maybe not that much but still) and channel mask we should tweak now :(

you forget to mention that it has Decode ogg checkbox set on.

manual wem 2 ogg goes fine

maybe it's thread safe issue, someone forgot to free resources for ww2ogg? I could investigate

EDIT: LOL dat error

• Developer

@albatross123  How did you produce the wem files for the ndd psarc file (from ogg/wav file with the toolkit or directly with Wwise)?  What version of Wwise did you use?

NVM  ... actually the error is caused becuase of the CDLC file name 'Terror-Zone'.  It contains the word "error" which is reserved.  Try renaming the CDLC file (don't use 'error') and the problem goes away.  Will implement perm fix later.

• Like 1

@@cozy1 - Since I've learned that the toolkit could handle the conversions I've always let the toolkit handle it.

But it looks like that is the answer. Both songs have Terror in the titles (and thus the file names), and when the file name is changed, things work fine!

Edit: Kind of funny since I was thinking it might be something in the metadata of the songs. I'd noticed that they were both Kreator songs, but clearly wasn't paying attention to the song titles or else we might have figured it out a bit faster!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy