Wrong tuning in CDLC made of gp5

DiversantBivnev

I've tried to make CDLC.

https://yadi.sk/d/Cc0wGG6w3JXWN2

Everything seemed OK in EOF.

But when I tried to play I just hear notes that are not in tune with melody.

Looked up another source (I used gp5 file for my CDLC), the tuning here is also Open D with Capo on 4th fret,

https://www.songsterr.com/a/wsa/message-to-bears-mountains-tab-s402220t0?c=45171

What could be wrong?

The tablature used may be incorrect. If this is from a Guitar Pro file, does the tab sound correct when you play it back within TuxGuitar/Guitar Pro? The fret numbering may be wrong, the capo positioning may be wrong or the tuning may be wrong. If you play the tablature on your guitar (outside of game), does it also sound incorrect?

The tablature used may be incorrect. If this is from a Guitar Pro file, does the tab sound correct when you play it back within TuxGuitar/Guitar Pro? The fret numbering may be wrong, the capo positioning may be wrong or the tuning may be wrong. If you play the tablature on your guitar (outside of game), does it also sound incorrect?

The tablature sounds correct in TuxGuitar.

http://imgur.com/sIPDFRq

Does "offset 4" mean capo on the 4th fret? Cause when I tried setting offset to 0 the result seemed similar to the MIDI notes sound in EOF. 

It does mean capo. EOF imports the capo position and the tablature looks like it does in the Guitar Pro file. In EOF, the MIDI playback of the beginning of the song sounds like it does in Guitar Pro. You said the toolkit reflects the correct capo and tuning, but does the chart tell you to set those correctly in-game?

It does mean capo. EOF imports the capo position and the tablature looks like it does in the Guitar Pro file. In EOF, the MIDI playback of the beginning of the song sounds like it does in Guitar Pro. You said the toolkit reflects the correct capo and tuning, but does the chart tell you to set those correctly in-game?

The game asked to retune my guitar. And then checked the tuning with capo on the 4th fret.

Sounds to me like it might be the case that the tab is in a different key than the song. From what I can see online, though, even the artist has confirmed the tuning (though I think they use something slightly different in DADF#BD) and capo. Which I then guess makes me question the audio: Is there any chance that it was pitch shifted from the original somehow? You can download the TONART demo which can detect the key of the audio (and also whether it's tuned to something other than A440, which is another possibility), and see whether that's compatible with what's tabbed.

Edit: With the audio in the file you included in the original post, I find that it's in B minor (and maybe around A444, though that difference shouldn't be too unbearable), with the first notes alternating between B3 and G4. The tab you posted seems to be in A#/Bb minor (the note that's the bass for the intro and outro riffs is four semi-tones up from F#, so F# -> G -> G# -> A - > A#). So, either the audio you have was shifted up a semi-tone somehow or the capo should be on the 5th fret.

Edited by albatross213

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Sounds to me like it might be the case that the tab is in a different key than the song. From what I can see online, though, even the artist has confirmed the tuning (though I think they use something slightly different in DADF#BD) and capo. Which I then guess makes me question the audio: Is there any chance that it was pitch shifted from the original somehow? You can download the TONART demo which can detect the key of the audio (and also whether it's tuned to something other than A440, which is another possibility), and see whether that's compatible with what's tabbed.

Edit: With the audio in the file you included in the original post, I find that it's in B minor (and maybe around A444, though that difference shouldn't be too unbearable), with the first notes alternating between B3 and G4. The tab you posted seems to be in A#/Bb minor (the note that's the bass for the intro and outro riffs is four semi-tones up from F#, so F# -> G -> G# -> A - > A#). So, either the audio you have was shifted up a semi-tone somehow or the capo should be on the 5th fret.

I don't know if something with capo position, but to my hearing something's wrong with the tuning itself. 6th red, 8th blue notes being played (those at start) sound like something far away.

@@DiversantBivnev - Uh, you've lost me with the mention of "red" and "blue" notes, if those are referring to the strings in Rocksmith. This would be on the Orange and Green strings (in standard coloring. Not 100% sure how the colorblind setting changes things).

Also, if it's indeed in B minor, then you could play at least the intro and outro (the stuff on Guitar 1 in the songsterr tab) in standard tuning pretty easily using the open B string and fretting notes on the e string (starting with the 3rd fret for the G4).

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

@@DiversantBivnev - Uh, you've lost me with the mention of "red" and "blue" notes, if those are referring to the strings in Rocksmith. This would be on the Orange and Green strings (in standard coloring. Not 100% sure how the colorblind setting changes things).

Also, if it's indeed in B minor, then you could play at least the intro and outro (the stuff on Guitar 1 in the songsterr tab) in standard tuning pretty easily using the open B string and fretting notes on the e string (starting with the 3rd fret for the G4).

Red is the 6th string (E), blue is the 4th (D in standard tuning). I don't know - maybe it's better to make the parts in standard tuning. Are there any automated tools for that? (in Tuxguitar or in EOF)