Anyone using Tuxguitar?

AxLShiv

Question

Hi peoples

So i wanted to start working on a sort of compiled song mashup of multiple e stand songs which i'll edit together.

Whats the problem i hear you not asking?

Problem is, i use tuxguitar software for setting notes and stuff before EOF, and with trying to set up a compilation like this i need to be able to quickly get rid of the sections of songs i dont need and for the love of dave grohl i can't find out how to select or highlight pieces to remove.

Does anyone know how to help or recommend some free software i could use to help me out here.

Much thanks for the assist in advance

6 answers to this question

I was using it for a while recently but just got GP6 working again since it really does save time with saving useful tunings + transposing successfully in GP just felt allot easier to me... TUX tries to reset the tuning whenever you change # of Strings for example which makes it hard when you can't even choose which string to get rid off etc and the transposing never worked for me.

for eg I had the issue ...Going from 5/6 String Bass and trying to prepare a 4 string file... for importing in EoF...

It might be easier for you to import one section at a time (from individual .GP5 files) and Set BPM for each section as you move along...

sync from start to finish.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IL2zOTjhzm3gQCZ3_GR26ocW3ziEhg-2?usp=sharing__
Backup CDLC link ^^ - should list even the ones that got removed for inactive links...
just restored my ability to login again, so will try to slowly resubmit the missing ones...
and hoping to make a small come-back with some new CDLC ideas...

YAMAHA 4-String 24 Frets - D Standard -> C Standard & D Drop C...

ASHTON - 4-String 21 Frets, E Standard, Drop D, Half-Step Down (Nirvana)...

Phoenix? - BASS 21-22 Frets? - 4-in-line Headstock...
(3 BASSES + 2 ELECTRIC G + 2 ACOUSTICS + a UKE)

Les Paul Special II - Guitar 

IBANEZ - USED MODIFIED MODEL...
After-market Tremolo Bridge + head-stock locking nut thingys --- Free 1994-ish Guitar =   🙂

I was using it for a while recently but just got GP6 working again since it really does save time with saving useful tunings + transposing successfully in GP just felt allot easier to me... TUX tries to reset the tuning whenever you change # of Strings for example which makes it hard when you can't even choose which string to get rid off etc and the transposing never worked for me.

for eg I had the issue ...Going from 5/6 String Bass and trying to prepare a 4 string file... for importing in EoF...

It might be easier for you to import one section at a time (from individual .GP5 files) and Set BPM for each section as you move along...

sync from start to finish.

oh i quite like that idea, thank you

• Like 1

Ctrl + Shift + S ... Will probably help save some time...

For Marking Sections :)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IL2zOTjhzm3gQCZ3_GR26ocW3ziEhg-2?usp=sharing__
Backup CDLC link ^^ - should list even the ones that got removed for inactive links...
just restored my ability to login again, so will try to slowly resubmit the missing ones...

After-market Tremolo Bridge + head-stock locking nut thingys --- Free 1994-ish Guitar =   🙂

And you'll probably want to set Time Signatures manually instead of importing...

also u can use the other difficulties for temporarily importing tabs before just selecting what you need/want to copy paste from it...

clear canvas that way and you can just Ctrl+A  to highlight all and then Delete unnecessary notes fast...

so you're doing?

Arctic Monkeys Twenty One Pilots

Song Title: Do I Wanna Stressed Out Mashup

Good Luck... It's Definitely a popular album...

although some of it sounds sacrilegious to some... :P

I Actually Enjoy Most of the music which didn't make it to the album way more then the "New Shit" lol

Additional music:
Though these songs appear in the movie, they are not included on the soundtrack album.

The Animals – "The House of the Rising Sun"
Lesley Gore – "You Don't Own Me"
The Rolling Stones – "Sympathy for the Devil"       :) BIT OVERPLAYED LOL
Rick James – "Super Freak"                                  OVERPLAYED LOL
AC/DC – "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap"
Kanye West (+ DAFT PUNK) – "Black Skinhead"   *** NOT A KANYE FAN BUT I LIKE DAFT PUNK
Rae Sremmurd featuring Bobo Swae – "Over Here"
Black Sabbath – "Paranoid"                                    :) IT'S BLACK FUCKING SABBATH
The White Stripes – "Seven Nation Army"              :) JACK + MEG WHITE
Norman Greenbaum – "Spirit in the Sky"                :) CLASSIC AS F...
K7 – "Come Baby Come"
Etta James – "I'd Rather Go Blind"
Henryk Górecki – "Symphony No. 3 (Górecki)"
Queen – "Bohemian Rhapsody"

Sweet – "The Ballroom Blitz" (trailers only)

Compared to the Actual Soundtrack:

1. "Purple Lamborghini" (Skrillex & Rick Ross) Skrillex Beat Billionaire 3:35 - (SO FUCKING REPETITIVE OMFG)
2. "Sucker for Pain" (Lil Wayne, Wiz Khalifa and Imagine Dragons with Logic, Ty Dolla $ign featuring X Ambassadors) Alex Da Kid 4:04 (SO FUCKING REPETITIVE OMFG)
3. "Heathens" (Twenty One Pilots) Mike Elizondo Tyler Joseph 3:15 (SO FUCKING REPETITIVE OMFG)
4. "Standing in the Rain" (Action Bronson, Mark Ronson and Dan Auerbach) Mark Ronson 3:22
5. "Gangsta" (Kehlani) Djemba Djemba JMIKE 2:57
6. "Know Better" (Kevin Gates) JMIKE T-Collar 3:28
7. "You Don't Own Me" (Grace featuring G-Eazy) Parker Ighile Quincy Jones 3:19
8. "Without Me" (Eminem) Eminem Jeff Bass (co.) DJ Head (add.) 4:52 :)
9. "Wreak Havoc" (Skylar Grey) Jason Evigan 3:48
10. "Medieval Warfare" (Grimes) Grimes 3:01
11. "Bohemian Rhapsody" (Panic! at the Disco) Butch Walker 6:01     - WTF This Band for eg... hard to respect, Covering QUEEN's MASTERPIECE...
12. "Slippin' into Darkness" (War) War 3:47
13. "Fortunate Son" (Creedence Clearwater Revival) John Fogerty 2:18
14. "I Started a Joke" (ConfidentialMX featuring Becky Hanson) 3:10 (SHOULD'VE BEEN THE FAITH NO MORE cover of "I Started a Joke" IMO...