5-string bass

DiversantBivnev

Question

Hi everyone! I've made a CDLC for bass part from Guitar Pro file, but I didn't notice that there was 5-string part. What can I do now to make this track fit the real bass part notes (3rd string in-game should be the 4th)? I understand that some notes could be lost. But those like 14th fret of the 5th string could be played on the 4th for sure. 

Does EOF implement some kind of feature in this case or similar?

9 answers to this question

• Administrator

@@DiversantBivnev well it can but not exactly in an obvious or efficient way. you can basically just copy and paste the 5 strings part on a 4 string part and GP will do his thing but that can radically change how the chart will be played so i would strongly suggest to always take a good look at the changes to make sure it makes sense.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

@@DiversantBivnev well it can but not exactly in an obvious or efficient way. you can basically just copy and paste the 5 strings part on a 4 string part and GP will do his thing but that can radically change how the chart will be played so i would strongly suggest to always take a good look at the changes to make sure it makes sense.

Thanks for an advice. Guess I'll have to try.

Supposedly Guitar Pro can do this, but I don't know about TuxGuitar. It may be something you have to do manually.

Guitar Pro Can do this easily...

just need to make a new track with the right tuning and THEN Paste the copy of the notes onto it...

For eg Make 4 string - Desired Tuning... For EG BEAD and then COPY/PASTE the BEADG AKA 5 String Notes onto it then... 

______________ Tuxguitar is Shit at Transposing, The moment u change number of strings, it resets the tuning for the entire instrument... really just shit results follow...

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IL2zOTjhzm3gQCZ3_GR26ocW3ziEhg-2?usp=sharing__
Backup CDLC link ^^ - should list even the ones that got removed for inactive links...
just restored my ability to login again, so will try to slowly resubmit the missing ones...
and hoping to make a small come-back with some new CDLC ideas...

YAMAHA 4-String 24 Frets - D Standard -> C Standard & D Drop C...

ASHTON - 4-String 21 Frets, E Standard, Drop D, Half-Step Down (Nirvana)...

Phoenix? - BASS 21-22 Frets? - 4-in-line Headstock...
(3 BASSES + 2 ELECTRIC G + 2 ACOUSTICS + a UKE)

Les Paul Special II - Guitar 

IBANEZ - USED MODIFIED MODEL...
After-market Tremolo Bridge + head-stock locking nut thingys --- Free 1994-ish Guitar =   🙂

I play a 5 string and a 4 string. 

One thing to note is that the realtone cable itself can't detect a true bass low B cleanly - it can however detect almost all the notes below an open low B. 

5 string songs can easily be done by changing the cdlc to rhythm/lead, for starters.
Simply put a note on the song that this is a 5 string bass track, played in guitar mode. 

The other thing you can do is have the player tune up their B string to d or c which IS detectable. Then track it that way with a custom tuning. Often 5 string songs won't make use of all 5 strings, they just want the low B.

Keep in mind that there are no notes that you can't make with a 4 string bass with a 5 string, just that they're several semitones or whole octaves below.

Also, unless the song has open B riffs (or lots of notes on the g string) you can often get away with 4 string BEAD tuning - as most songs utilizing a 5 string don't touch the g string. 

Finally, I like to keep my 5 string tuned ADGCF so I feel your pain.

• Like 1

Open to suggestions for new songs to track.

The Bass low note tuning fix is dropping 440hz to 220hz and compensating in EoF to get True Tuning in-game...

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IL2zOTjhzm3gQCZ3_GR26ocW3ziEhg-2?usp=sharing__
Backup CDLC link ^^ - should list even the ones that got removed for inactive links...
just restored my ability to login again, so will try to slowly resubmit the missing ones...
and hoping to make a small come-back with some new CDLC ideas...

YAMAHA 4-String 24 Frets - D Standard -> C Standard & D Drop C...

ASHTON - 4-String 21 Frets, E Standard, Drop D, Half-Step Down (Nirvana)...

Phoenix? - BASS 21-22 Frets? - 4-in-line Headstock...
(3 BASSES + 2 ELECTRIC G + 2 ACOUSTICS + a UKE)

Les Paul Special II - Guitar 

IBANEZ - USED MODIFIED MODEL...
After-market Tremolo Bridge + head-stock locking nut thingys --- Free 1994-ish Guitar =   🙂