Allright, just a idea I just got watching some RS videos:

Would it be possible to show which lyrics are sung by a backup vocalist in RS? (like a guitarist or bassist)

Why?

Alot of songs use a backup vocalist to add effect to the last word of a sentence, this overlapse with the lead singer. There is no way to currently show this in RS (Apart from useing these " ( text ) "  ) But we still can't have 2 words at the same time then.

As RS is for mostly made for guitarists, wouldn't it be nice if we could see what the guitarist is singing?

How?

1) Is it possible to duplicate the lyrics box? put it under there, or at the right? And then create 2 lyric files, each a side

2) Is it possible to add colouring to certain words to show its the backup singer? > wouldn't work if the 2 singers are singing completly different sentences

(Like the songs I'm working on now)

Can it be done? or is this more a feature I should mention no the official forums?

Check out my Custom Inlays topic here

Customize those dots at fret 3, 5, 7,... with your favourite band logo!

Check out my Youtube channel here

Rock, Punk and Metal Rocksmith playthroughs, Just Dance Audio Swaps and Synthesia Piano Plays

Rise Against DG - ADTR DG - Enter Shikari DG

Beartooth DG - Senses Fail DG - Just Dance Topic

@@PyroBillie, I'd rather go with splashy-fading effect for the backing lyrics  (like those Perfect\miss hit indication in score attack does)

but I have no source files to easily change stuff
you can have 2 lyrics but you can't use them at the same time, because second one is for japanese version

no really good solution I could imagine except ( the one we already have )

@@Alex360 Intresting that there is an option for japanese versions :P

And how about pop up windows that only pop up if their is backup vocals?

I think RS1 had these kind of things to display info about the song?

Does something like that still exist?

Check out my Custom Inlays topic here

Customize those dots at fret 3, 5, 7,... with your favourite band logo!

Check out my Youtube channel here

Rock, Punk and Metal Rocksmith playthroughs, Just Dance Audio Swaps and Synthesia Piano Plays

Rise Against DG - ADTR DG - Enter Shikari DG

Beartooth DG - Senses Fail DG - Just Dance Topic

• 3 years later...

Okay so I was gonna make a new topic for this but I see its similar enough so I'll post it here.

There's a mystery chart I saw ages ago, that was a Japanese song.

It had both romanised Japanese lyrics AND English translation together in the same song on screen at the same time. The Japanese was syllable seperated and stressed like normal, the translation had the whole scentence light up at once.

It looked like this;

Ja+pa+nese ly+rics
English translation

With the Japanese ontop of the English one. I don't remember what chart it was, what song or even the artist (it was either babymetal or some sort of Japanese idol group like that). 

Either my memory is fading me or it IS possible to do something like this. Has anyone seen this chart or know a way to replicate that effect?

Okay so I was gonna make a new topic for this but I see its similar enough so I'll post it here.

There's a mystery chart I saw ages ago, that was a Japanese song.

It had both romanised Japanese lyrics AND English translation together in the same song on screen at the same time. The Japanese was syllable seperated and stressed like normal, the translation had the whole scentence light up at once.

It looked like this;

Ja+pa+nese ly+rics

English translation

With the Japanese ontop of the English one. I don't remember what chart it was, what song or even the artist (it was either babymetal or some sort of Japanese idol group like that). 

Either my memory is fading me or it IS possible to do something like this. Has anyone seen this chart or know a way to replicate that effect?

I've done this with my version of erika (German not Japanese tho) if you want to unpack it and have a proper look, but it's not too hard.

You just have the Japanese lyrics like normal then between the next Japanese line you add a lyric with the english translation and it will display it in the next line preview. Then just make it short so it skips over it quite quickly.

"the translation had the whole scentence light up at once." - Not sure how you'd manage that part tho.

YV09YJd.png

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

Thank you! Yeah, this seems simple enough

I wish I could find the mystery chart.. I could have sworn the translation lit up the whole time, but maybe it is memory failing..

I kinda wish it was two seperate files though because then I could have a seperate font on the Japanese/foreign language and the English tranlation to more easily distinguish them

You make the whole sentence one lyric, spaces included to make the whole sentence light up at once.

Yeah, but making it light up while the Japanese lyrics are lighting up as well (syllable by syllable), is impossible?

I'm wondering if that was just a false memory and in reality the translation didnt light up...