Broken Customs Being Generated

Hi,

I have come across a problem.  The problem is that I can build a .psarc that crashes the game.  In the song menu if you select the broken .psarc the game freezes and you need to kill the Rocksmith .exe to clear it.  Then reload the game.

The .psarc appears to be broken because it is missing a showlights file.  The Toolkit does not warn when this happens, everything looks liked it worked.

Here are some files

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2oZs0ta32KyN0s0bEhOREdmT0U/view?usp=sharing

imanishi discovered the missing showlights issue and noted that one must put the arrangements into the toolkit in a certain or (Rhythm first) for the Toolkit to generate a showlights file and the custom to eventually work.

I have now successfully built a working custom using this method (Rhythm first).  In fact, I have built 3 working customs as I continued to test and revise the actual guitar tabs.

I have used a few different Toolkits, I believe that the problem will still be there in the newest version unless this problem has already been noted and resolved.  I apologise if I am behind the times.

Thank you for your time and expertise :D

• Developer

Showlights are generated from the beat map/changes in the bass arrangement.  The bass arrangement should always be loaded into the toolkit first.

The problem arises when the bass arrangement has insufficient phrases from which to generate the beat map.  In this case the toolkit resorts to automatically using the lead or rhythm arrangement to generate showlights.xml. 

This issue was addressed several beta releases ago.  The toolkit should generate a working showlights.xml file now if it finds this issue with the bass arrangement.  I will take a look at your EOF project files and report back.   In the mean time you could take a look at the bass arrangement sections and phrases in EOF and see if anything jumps out at you as unusual.

EDIT:  From the Notes.txt you included in with the EOF project files you said, '- Built using current release build (not the latest build the one called release build)'

The release build of toolkit has the showlight bug.  You need to use the latest beta (test build) of toolkit.  Always load the bass arrangement first.  The toolkit beta works with either abridged or unabridged xmls if you prefer not to use the new abridged xmls.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

Hi,

using the Latest test build - 2.8.2.0 (rev 3c7d4efa), and putting the bass arrangement first (from the files I supplied) I get

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2oZs0ta32KyQUs4Rl9yckY5aFE/view?usp=sharing

Here is the log

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2oZs0ta32KyYVZNUFBwR2VrM1E/view?usp=sharing

It generates this error message whether I use the XMLs with DD already, the XMLs with no DD and asking the Toolkit to generate DD, and also using non DD XMLs and asking for a non DD custom (Auto-Generate DD box not checked).

There is something about that bass XML that the toolkit does not like.  I would appreciate finding out what so i can avoid it the issue in the future.

I built the custom like all of my other custom.  I added the sections/phrases just like I have with 100s of other customs in EoF.  I do not know what I did wrong :(

• Developer

Toolkit is throwing the error because the folder is named "... showlight ..."  "showlight" is a reserved word.  Will fix this in next toolkit beta.

I am looking at other issue now.

EDIT:  Looks like problem has to do with chords high density.   I think EOF and DDC recently changed handling of chord density to eliminate repeated chord display in Remastered.  I will have to adjust toolkit showlight generation for chord density.

• Like 1

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer

@PC Plum  Please try latest toolkit beta when you can.  I am able to generate a working CDLC from your project files now.  Showlights are better.  Let me know if toolkit beta works for you.

- Revised toolkit showlights generator.  Showlights are produced from the arrangement that has the level with the most notes and chords; regardless of the order that arrangements were added to the project. The showlights have been adjusted  and synced with ebeats to produce better visual effects and reduce in-game crashes.

- If the ‘ShowLights’ arrangement is intentionally removed or is missing from the ‘CDLC Creator’ tab then the showlights will be automatically generated.

Thanks cozy you're a boss :D

I only tested quickly, I cannot go into the game just now.  Using the latest beta build (rstoolkit-2.8.2.0-06d59ced) I could build a custom from the files I provided above no problem.  I did not have to put the Rhythm arrangement first as I did before, and the showlights file appeared, the .psarc appeared and there were no error messages.

I am making a new custom today and I look forward to seeing these amazing new showlights effects in game.  I shall report how this goes.

Thanks again :D

• Developer

Arrangement order is no longer important.  New beta should work with any arrangement order, at least it does for me.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy