"Create" a lesson...

Hey Guys

first of all, I want to thank all the members who create all this awesome DLCs.

So here is my story / problem

I started playing guitar when I was 12 (now 29) and had an on/off relationship with it, took lessons and learned the basics.

Then I got to the army, university and a job, a wife and so on (you get me :D ) And my extremly bad built strat was more an icon of my youth..

Until last year, when I got Rocksmith for the PS3 and my love for my guitar came back.

I quickly "relearned" all the things I had in guitar lessons, took all the basic stuff and lessons from rocksmith and a 10 weeks online course from a teacher I followed on youtube (which was awesome and helped a lot) And now I would consider myself as advanced beginner.

So now I know powerchords, pentatonics, some techniques like bending, hammer-on, pull-off etc..

but  I'm kind of stuck...

There is so much in front of me..all the great techniques, so much to learn..and I don't know how to start

I have two books for genera learning, a book about getting better at pentatonics, esp speed and precision. I have hundreds of songs in rocksmith, have a lot of papers with sheet music etc

And here is the part where I'm asking for your help:

How do I create a lesson for myself: Let's say a I can learn 60-90 minutes a day.

My program now is as following:

10 min warm up..pentatonics, scales, strumming techniques

Then I take a lick or a riff and repeat it as often as neede until I can replay it without errors (and next lessen I repeat that)

After that I start rocksmith and pick some songs I want to learn or repeat

I feel, that I'm making progress, as my playing in rocksmith gets better, but I have the overall feeling of getting nowhere.

I got some DVDs from a friend from "Lick Library" with some stuff to learn.

So for the teachers here, and all the others:

How do you structure your lessons, what could I do, where should I focus?

Additional Info:

I play mostly metal or hard rock, try to be more open to other stuff, just to be open minded

Thank you all very much.

Uhm so yeah what do you want to accomplish with your lessons? what is your goal? 

If you have none or just want to improve your general guitar skills, just do what you're doing.

For me my goals are to play a song good enough with the notes visible, and after that playing the song from memory.

To do that memory stuff, you break up the song in sections and practice them one by one. And once you got them all, memorize the song structure and play the sections after each other. Then you learned the song, and move on to the next song. You can repeat the song the next day or week. To make sure you don't forget it. 

Check out my Custom Inlays topic here

Customize those dots at fret 3, 5, 7,... with your favourite band logo!

Check out my Youtube channel here

Rock, Punk and Metal Rocksmith playthroughs, Just Dance Audio Swaps and Synthesia Piano Plays

Rise Against DG - ADTR DG - Enter Shikari DG

Beartooth DG - Senses Fail DG - Just Dance Topic

I take the (really hard) optimistic Approach and say I want to play in a Band.

And for me this means not only to replay Songs, but to get more creative and synchronize with other musicians. In case of rythm and mode.

So what I think I Need would be: Music theory, rythm techniques, left Hand coordination, and so on..

And I can't really get my head around learning all that in a well structured manner..

I know I can't put everythin in one lesson a day..that would shrink down everything to 5 minutes per lesson..

Let's compare this to Fitness:

I want to run a Marathon..I know this takes practice for a year etc.. I know I have to do short runs, Long runs, strength Training, Intervall runs etc.. but I have no idea to create a "plan" which helps me..

In case of a Marathon Training I know my Body Needs rest so I won't put to Long runs together and so on..but I can't find a way for my guitar Training.

I wanted to take guitar lessons again, but the first teacher I got was a total jerk..so now I want to Focus on teaching myself, which is pretty easy with YouTube etc..

I know that this sounds all  a bit strange..but every evening after some playing..I feel I just improved the last song I played a bit, but not my actual Overall skills.

(Sry for some spelling Errors, writing this answer on mobile)

As far as creativeness with other musicians (jamming) you just have to agree on which scale you will be playing, for example Pentatonic Major in B, (you both should know this scale from memory then) and then you can jam together.

As far as synchronizing with other musicians, set up a metronome or drum track on your pc, so both of you can keep in rythm.

Check out my Custom Inlays topic here

Customize those dots at fret 3, 5, 7,... with your favourite band logo!

Check out my Youtube channel here

Rock, Punk and Metal Rocksmith playthroughs, Just Dance Audio Swaps and Synthesia Piano Plays

Rise Against DG - ADTR DG - Enter Shikari DG

Beartooth DG - Senses Fail DG - Just Dance Topic