Support regarding CDLC tutorial

firekorn

Question

• Administrator

This topic is aimed at gathering remark and discussion regarding the tutorial for CDLC creation.

This first post will gather side note and remark that i haven't yet added to the tutorial and will serve to keep a FAQ regarding all the part of the tutorial.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

How do you go about creating the Guitar Pro file?  (Tablature file)

The project song I'm working on is "ReMix Mega Man 3 'The Passing of the Blue Crown' - OverClocked ReMix"

Right now I'm stuck on step 2 on "Creating the Chart"

you can say that I'm a total noob to working with these tools, but I'm willing to learn.

Regards - RedB6

• Administrator

Transcription is a whole subject that i don't intend to cover on that tutorial.

Guitar Pro and music notation in general is a whole can of worm that i don't feel qualified to teach over written text. There's plenty of information around (even wikipedia is a decent source for that) that you can use but if no guitar pro file are available and you have no experience in transcription or in using guitar pro, you might as well switch songs.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Firekorn,

First, thanks for all your work for CDLC...it really is priceless.  

If I remember correctly, I had a bit of trouble working with tones, specifically generating a tone to match a song.  As everyone knows there is nothing worse than a crappy tone in a song, and nothing better than a perfectly matched tone.  Maybe add a bit of info on how to create a custom tone and apply it to a song.  If this info already exists, sorry...I must have missed it!

• Administrator

@@Borgf15 It's not in my tutorial mostly because that would require me to explain all the effects that exist and how to recognize them which is a massive topic that i don't want to talk about anytime soon. The most common suggestion is to find a tone from an official song that is close enough and to purely rely on it if you don't feel confident about doing it yourself.

@@Magenta That's a EOF bug which should be handled over the EOF section of the forum.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

@@Borgf15 It's not in my tutorial mostly because that would require me to explain all the effects that exist and how to recognize them which is a massive topic that i don't want to talk about anytime soon. The most common suggestion is to find a tone from an official song that is close enough and to purely rely on it if you don't feel confident about doing it yourself.

@@Magenta That's a EOF bug which should be handled over the EOF section of the forum.

Yeah, Very true, but that's not really what I was referring to.  I know we guitarists can "discuss" tone for days and with what equipment to achieve it. 

I was talking about the process once you know how to create the tone.  Where do you create it?  In rocksmith tone generator?  Where do you save it, and how do you apply it?

• Administrator

@@Borgf15 that'll happen at one point but time to write things down is limited so update are coming slowly to put it nicely at the moment.

@@Magenta Import from a GP is the easiest way to add note to EOF, otherwise it'll depends on your input method in EOF preferences.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

I am new to Rocksmith and just discovered this ressource here.
Now I am trying to get started with my first CDLC.
Reason is, that for the groups I am interested in (BIG COUNTRY, ASIA, The Fixx, Toyah), there is not so contente available.
I found some ASIA downloads, but only one contains guitar, the others only bass.
On UG there are Guitar Pro files which contain guitar, and I already managed to put the wave and tab together using EOF.
But they are terrible out of sync and I don't find an easy way to get them together smoothly.
Do You have any tipps for me or/and can me show how to get this done?
Best, Adrian

@@adrian142 have you even checked the tutorial this topic relates to?

Yes, I have.

It is about this topic I need more help - as it seems:

There’s 2 way of tackling this task :

a. Using a Guitar Pro file

The fatest way to get settled there is to have a good tablature in guitar pro and to import it into EOF. It will import time signature, note and a good part of the status for them (HO/PO, tap, slap, pop, slide, PM, etc…), the tuning and lots of details that will make your life easier. Of course the quality of the import depend on the quality of the tablature that is used so it’s better to make sure the tab actually match the song duration and the overall structure before importing everything in EOF.

• Administrator

Since Catalina update, a lot of tools are not working on Mac anymore due to the drop of 32bit compatibility which makes CDLC creation on mac without using a VM impossible as far as i'm aware.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Hello,

I keep trying to generate my CDLC file and keep getting an error like this..

"Application.ThreadException:

Could not find Audiokinetic Wwise Installation. Download and install Wwise v2013.2x from:
https://ignition.customsforge.com/cfsm/wwise"

I already have the 2013 version and that is what i used to generate the file, but keeps giving me the same error.

Hello,

Following your tutorial and can not get Editor on fire to browse for song in File-new attempt.  I just get this: "Select music file" and then below in a box a long folder string starting with "applications/eof...."  I can not browse for a song.  And I can not figure out how to place the mp3 or ogg file in eof.

Using a Mac, 10.13.6 high sierra.  Please help.  I installed eof then utitlities.

Mike