IMPORTANT - ZIP DATABASE

garygary

Question

May donations are starting for server costs etc., which reminded me can an administrator zip all customs in the Customsforge database, then upload it to Google Drive for emergency reasons?

I dread the day access is no longer available!

I expect to be playing 10 to 20 yrs from now. Access to a compressed archive enables users to pick as they choose - much like the 50,000 guitar pros in rars.

What do you think?

• Like 1

7 answers to this question

I doubt that it's going to happen, as the Admins remove CDLCs from the database as soon as they become ODLCs.  It kind of keeps us ethical. :)

There's nothing to stop you downloading every single song on here yourself, though.  :lol:  :ph34r:

• Like 1

backup what u can...

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IL2zOTjhzm3gQCZ3_GR26ocW3ziEhg-2?usp=sharing__
Backup CDLC link ^^ - should list even the ones that got removed for inactive links...
just restored my ability to login again, so will try to slowly resubmit the missing ones...
and hoping to make a small come-back with some new CDLC ideas...

YAMAHA 4-String 24 Frets - D Standard -> C Standard & D Drop C...

ASHTON - 4-String 21 Frets, E Standard, Drop D, Half-Step Down (Nirvana)...

Phoenix? - BASS 21-22 Frets? - 4-in-line Headstock...
(3 BASSES + 2 ELECTRIC G + 2 ACOUSTICS + a UKE)

Les Paul Special II - Guitar 

IBANEZ - USED MODIFIED MODEL...
After-market Tremolo Bridge + head-stock locking nut thingys --- Free 1994-ish Guitar =   🙂

All of my customs are in a single folder on my Google Drive. If I ever lost my original files on my hard drive and Customsforge went under, I'd still have what I have in Google Drive. But zipping all of the customs on here and putting them on Google Drive would be quite the feat. I have 125 customs in my Google Drive folder, and those alone add up to around 5GB. Add in the other hundreds already on CF and the ones being added everyday, I just don't see how what you're suggesting is possible.

So like someone else said, backup what you can.

• Like 1

we're up to about 26 / 27 Thousand Songs... it would take a while...

but yeah Agreed it's always nice to have backups....

I Try to backup the 1500 Songs I Have for eg...

But yeah it would be nice to be able to bulk download again if something did happen...

Figured The Discography Projects at the very least could get their own Backups...

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IL2zOTjhzm3gQCZ3_GR26ocW3ziEhg-2?usp=sharing__
Backup CDLC link ^^ - should list even the ones that got removed for inactive links...
just restored my ability to login again, so will try to slowly resubmit the missing ones...
and hoping to make a small come-back with some new CDLC ideas...

YAMAHA 4-String 24 Frets - D Standard -> C Standard & D Drop C...

ASHTON - 4-String 21 Frets, E Standard, Drop D, Half-Step Down (Nirvana)...

Phoenix? - BASS 21-22 Frets? - 4-in-line Headstock...
(3 BASSES + 2 ELECTRIC G + 2 ACOUSTICS + a UKE)

Les Paul Special II - Guitar 

IBANEZ - USED MODIFIED MODEL...
After-market Tremolo Bridge + head-stock locking nut thingys --- Free 1994-ish Guitar =   🙂