Magic is gone

AxLShiv

Question

Hey fellow fellows

I just want to know something from other creators here.

Lately I've been making songs i quite like only problem though is once I've made the songs i play them like twice and never again while other songs I've downloaded from other creators i have play counts over 50.

When i think about it i feel like the fact that i made the cdlc takes away a bit of the magic of playing a song.

Is it just me or do you fellow CDLC creators also lose interest in your own creations?

• Like 2

10 answers to this question

No it's not just you - I find that I just play through each release once or twice to make sure it's ok then never touch it again. There are a few exceptions but not many. I feel that I've listened and played it enough during the creation process.

It's odd because I was having the same thought as you a few weeks ago. 

• Like 3

I chart BASS PARTS ONLY. Requests for guitar parts will be ignored. I hope that is clear. 

Twitter updates: @jamesprestonuk

Donations: https://paypal.me/jamesprestonuk?country.x=GB&locale.x=en_GB (thank you!)

I find it's mainly down to the fact that when making the CDLC you will be going over the song over and over again in minute detail. By the time you've finished you'll already have intimate knowledge of the structure. Once you have that you only need to teach your muscle memory where to put your fingers and there isn't much else to learn from it, whereas picking up a CDLC from elsewhere, you need to really learn the song.

• Like 2

After I release my cdlc, I need to get some distance, and it gets lost in the ocean.

I guess most of us have more then 1000 songs, it's hard not to loose some.

I even forget some I put in my playlists... :D

My cdlc that got most downloaded, I almost never play them again.

Some require more ability, that's why I prefer playing what's in my reach.

And then a song which is nice to listen to is not always as interesting to play.

• Like 2

I wish I could learn the craft. Ive tried just not good at it. I dont know where to get the resources the tabs etc... I would love to contribute

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/ 

go nuts bro

what you're looking for is guitar pro files, which you can find through advanced search and selecting guitar pro

I can only Relate this to studio time, Once you have sat with the producer doing a remix of Human League don't you want me baby for 4 days, you never ever want to hear that crap again , the song now makes me physically ill.

Therefore i say a big huge enormous Thank you to the guys and gals on CF for their time and effort in creating works of art for us.

TY Forgers , you know who you are 

I've been working on my current custom for over a week now. Every time I play the latest psarc file I find a wrong note, so it's back to the drawing board again. Once I've got it right, I will NEVER want to hear this damned song again!

I chart BASS PARTS ONLY. Requests for guitar parts will be ignored. I hope that is clear. 

Twitter updates: @jamesprestonuk

Donations: https://paypal.me/jamesprestonuk?country.x=GB&locale.x=en_GB (thank you!)

• Administrator

@@JamesPrestonUK Same thing but a bit amplified by the fact that i create DD inside EOF and when i test all the level, i'm just done with the song. I might come back to it once in a while but it's rare...

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

As an end user all I can say is thank you for the hard work of creating these songs for Rocksmith. I've battled for many many years trying to learn to play and having ADD/ADHD, it made it virtually impossible. Being able to actually see and hear the notes, chords, structure, etc has been a dream come true for me and I am finally beginning to see some significant progress. Purchased first guitar at 15 and never learned but a few chords (no songs). Now at 53, I am actually playing some good chunks of some great songs. 
Thank you for what you do!