Version 2.8.2 of Rocksmith Toolkit problems

This seems to happen every single time my computer decides to update to the latest version of windows 10.. then I have to reinstall the toolkit.. and Wwise uninstalled itself.. and the problems snowball from there.

Have 2.8.2.0 installed of the toolkit.

Just finished a custom

I noticed Wwise isn't installed anymore.

So I go to try and find an old version of Wwise.. guess what? Audiokinetic or whatever their damn name is, doesn't let you download old versions anymore

They have a new installer that ONLY lets you install 2016 and newer.

So I figure might as well give it a shot.

So install the latest version of Wwise and I make the path to it as in the  toolkit configuration as

C:/Program Files (x86)/audiokinetic/Wwise 2016.2.2.6022/Authoring/x64/bin

and then I go add all the stuff to create the custom

and hit generate, and then I get a thead exception catched error or something like that.. saying its not detecting that I have Wwise installed.

so I go back to configuration and the path is blank.. and all the configuration settings I set, are gone. So I figured maybe that thing didn't like the version I was using..

So I open of Wwise the old way and manually create the .wem file through and add the .wem file instead. Nope, same problem.. thread exception.. Wwise not installed.

So can SOMEONE please help me? Either get a really old version of the custom song toolkit or help me find a version of Wwise that works with the toolkit.. cause apparently 2016 does not.

• Developer

Here is link to older version of Wwise which should work with toolkit.

No login required.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Administrator

i've never actually set the path and i've never add any issue to get the toolkit to convert the file with wwise so as long as you used the default installation path i'm not sure there's a point in indicating the correct path in the toolkit.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

• Developer

i've never actually set the path and i've never add any issue to get the toolkit to convert the file with wwise so as long as you used the default installation path i'm not sure there's a point in indicating the correct path in the toolkit.

This is only true if you perform a default installation of Wwise.  If you have a custom installation, i.e., you installed Wwise to where you wanted instead of the installer suggested location, then you will need to enter the path to the custom Wwise installation in the toolkit's 'General Cong' menu as @@theSG has said above.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer

@@KingCobra  et.al.

If the user enters the path to WwiseCLI.exe in the toolkit's "General Config" settings then the toolkit will attempt to use only that path.

If the user does not enter a path to WwiseCLI.exe in the toolkit's "General Config" settings then the toolkit will try to find the Wwise installation path from the Environmental Variable for "WWISEROOT".  The Environmental Variaiable path is written during the default Wwise installation.

If the user specifies a custom path during Wwise installation then the user must enter this path into the toolkit's "General Config" settings or else an exception will be thrown because the toolkit does not know where to find WwiseCLI.exe.

If in your case, it looks like, you have a default installation of Wwise then you should not have to enter the path into the toolkit's "General Config" settings.  That is if the version of Wwise that you are using has correctly written the Environmental Variable for "WWISEROOT".  You can confirm this by right clicking on "My Computer" and then select the 'Advanced' tab and then press the button 'Environment Variables' and look for the "WWISEROOT" variable under 'System Variables' which will show you the path to your Wwise installation where the toolkit will expect to find WwiseCLI.exe.  The version of Wwise that you have (Wwise v2015.1.4 build 5497)  should work with the toolkit if you have WwiseCLI.exe installed and the path is set correctly.

Again, if WwiseCLI.exe is not found then the toolkit will throw an exception.

This should better explain the inner workings of the toolkit.  Let me know if it helps.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy