• Bass

Beginner:          @@klaw

Intermediate:     @@Riffengud

Advanced:       @@Fraggle Baggle

Masterclass:    @@JokerTheAnarchist

Congrats to all winners. Well done!

This week songs are

Lead Path:

Beginner:        Blink-182 - Bored to Death                           (3) chosen by @@Hughmonty

Intermediate:    Against Me! - Black Me Out           (4) chosen by @@mackaybre

Advanced:        King Crimson - Red      (6) chosen by @fripponomico

MasterClass:   The Black Mages - Those Who Fight Further          (9)  chosen by @@Gamut

Rhythm Path:

Beginner:          Against Me! - Black Me Out (2)

Intermediate    N/A

Advanced:        The Black Mages - Those Who Fight Further (7)

Masterclass:    August Burns Red - Everlasting Ending (C# drop B ) (8)

Bass Path:
Beginner:          
Against Me! - Black Me Out    (1)

Intermediate :    Blink-182 - Bored to Death                          (4)

Advanced:        The Black Mages - Those Who Fight Further       (7)

Masterclass :     King Crimson - Red          (7)

God of Guitar: August Burns Red - Everlasting Ending (C# drop B ) (10)

Share with us your opinion on this weeks songs difficulty scores (1-10).

Exercise Challenges:

1st Exercise: Blues Comping 1 in A major shuffle
2nd Exercise: Blues Comping 2 in A major - straight 8ths
3rd Exercise: Blues Comping 3 in G major (funky)
4rd Exercise: Blues Comping 4 in E major (shuffle)

Everyone can bring up new scores that will be added to the  exercises scoreboards

Honorable list Diehard Member:

(draft)

Classless, Fearless FreeBird Members in their endless battle with the fb police:

• Like 4

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

http://i.imgur.com/Bx1dNvQ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/vTKdAg2.jpg

King Crimson always good, though on the easier side, which means...  Fripp's part that I can play :o

http://i.imgur.com/hdNjKLN.jpg

Weird tempo here and there + those chords!

http://i.imgur.com/bTNVsa6.jpg

Classic Nobuo Uematsu. When you listen, you just want to drop the guitar and play some Final Fantasy :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/zbr2cls.jpg

Do not be tricked by high %, it is tough song on each arrangement.

• Like 5

Just a heads for anyone else stuck with mac the blink 182 song "bored to death" does not work with either the mac download or converting the pc download, as seen in the comments for the custom, I did however get it working by starting with the pc version convert > xbox > to mac > back to pc > then back to mac again and it worked

• Like 1

I havent played the bass arrangements yet, but why are they both graded to difficulty level 7? Doenst it defeat the purpose of having MC bass when the song there is just as difficult as the advanced one?

Bassist, currently learning guitar.
Big fan of 70's Hardrock, 80's heavymetal and cheesy hairmetal

My CDLC's

I haven't been skiving, honest.  I've had pain in my index finger knuckle since Thursday.  Actually, I played through it on Thursday, thinking it was just muscular, only to realise Friday morning it was in the joint. :(

I took it easy yesterday - I only played relatively easy stuff for less than an hour.  And I've stayed away today (been cleaning and ripping my car to bits instead).  There wouldn't have been any point in me playing the Rush song again anyway.  There were already too many scores at 100%, and you all know I don't do 100% battles (not until I sort my latency issues, anyway). :D

• Like 1

I havent played the bass arrangements yet, but why are they both graded to difficulty level 7? Doenst it defeat the purpose of having MC bass when the song there is just as difficult as the advanced one?

Where are the times when MC songs were Beginner level, or then rated 6, ahh, good ol' times :lol:

Songs are primarly sorted by lead difficulty, then they are properly sorted for both rhythm and bass (as you may notice that that they do not always fit the same class for each instrument). Sometimes it turns out that MC song is not really MC, or INT song not really BEG and so on. If we see that there was no good MC track in a while, we try to put one there, but since we were getting some tough songs lately I didn't felt that there is need for it now.

That's how things are done, and there is no better way to do it for us.

PS. King Crimson might be easier then Black Mages.

• Like 2

@@Mortalo Alright cool! I understand you cant get perfect songs that fits each category 100% all the time :)  Even though the songs lately have been quite solid, im here hoping for some crazy MC bass 10 rated song that will destroy me completely  :P

• Like 5

Bassist, currently learning guitar.
Big fan of 70's Hardrock, 80's heavymetal and cheesy hairmetal

My CDLC's

Jesus christ do i hate king crimson. I really don't want to offend anyone, and i know that this band has done major work for modern metal and progressive music, but this Song on Bass sounds like a 4 year old hacking away on the strings  :unsure: I can not for the live of me feel the rythm or what this bassist was thinking while playing  :huh:

None the less, one go to have a score in. I won't work on this one as i fear killing myself if i have to listen to it again  :P

http://i64.tinypic.com/k9aubq.jpg

Again, please don't be offended. I acknowledge the work they have done and am fine with people liking it. For me it's on the same level as Sigur Rós... just really hard to listen to.  :blink:

• Like 4

After some rounds with the other songs i feel like we do have a really hard week  :rolleyes:  The Rythm Part of August burns Red feels way harder than 8... Maybe this song highlights my weeknesses, but this song needs rather fasts downpicking (hard to improve really) and constant Arpeggios/small sweeps. Same for the Lead part of The Black Mages. Compared to two weeks ago (Sorairo Days) the Solo parts are much longer and harder to play, especially the extended tapping parts...

These songs will take some serious practice. Since my sister will marry this week, i don't think i'll find that much time, sadly  :(

Hi All,

I can't get Blink 182 to work, I have managed to get it onto the game following @@macjm 's instructions but freezes after tuning.

So i had a go at the Against Me song

2qr2q94qiz1qil66g.jpg

7tbhge8ktyci54x6g.jpg

4uz3x657rod2w7c6g.jpg

These may be my last scores for the week as i have been sent to work in Japan for a few days, I might get another chance after I have packed but thought I'd get the scores in early as i forgot last week  :angry:

cheers

• Like 5

That's a weird coincidence @@missis sumner, I've got joint pain in my knuckles.  I think I might be coming down with something though.

http://i.imgur.com/bFnUXDA.png?1

First SA run (played once on LAS first)

http://i.imgur.com/i6Ffsm7.png?1

Second SA try was slightly worse accuracy, but got rid of that red X.

http://i.imgur.com/iFxMb9p.png?1

Screw chords! :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/rFsd6Sb.png?1

Not going to be working on this one, really not my cup of tea sorry.  Also chords. :P :D

I did play the beginner track, but for some reason could not get any of my notes to hit "perfect" so just quit out.

• Like 4

*Mics up cazoo. Scores a trillion in MCbass*

Where are the times when MC songs were Beginner level, or then rated 6, ahh, good ol' times :lol:

Songs are primarly sorted by lead difficulty, then they are properly sorted for both rhythm and bass (as you may notice that that they do not always fit the same class for each instrument). Sometimes it turns out that MC song is not really MC, or INT song not really BEG and so on. If we see that there was no good MC track in a while, we try to put one there, but since we were getting some tough songs lately I didn't felt that there is need for it now.

That's how things are done, and there is no better way to do it for us.

PS. King Crimson might be easier then Black Mages.

I was just wondering, what about choosing totally different songs for bass?  It might make it easier to fit the difficulty to each class instead of sometimes ending up with similar difficulties across the board.  There's also a heap of bass only tracks that are amazing, but will never get played in the comp because they don't have a lead path.  Just a thought. :)

• Like 2

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

So since im the one responsible for the mc bass track i should skip this week or what are the rules?

nope, there is no rule for that... just play and have fun  :D

YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

So since im the one responsible for the mc bass track i should skip this week or what are the rules?

NO!  You chose it!  You f'in well play it!

:D lol

well i didnt choose it i just made it. I would also like it if some of the bass only tracks where used.

• Like 3

NO!  You chose it!  You f'in well play it!

:D lol

well i didnt choose it i just made it. I would also like it if some of the bass only tracks where used.

Well, I don't like it.  But it's nothing to do with the way it's made. :)

And I know we have some similar tastes, so I'll forgive you.  :lol:

• Like 1

I was just wondering, what about choosing totally different songs for bass?  It might make it easier to fit the difficulty to each class instead of sometimes ending up with similar difficulties across the board.

It was said before, but we do have a bunch of new participants so... not a chance. It basically means having another, separate Championship, and we don't have time to spare.

Everyone is free to try and organize something like that, but I'll be honest, it's not that easy to keep up running ;)

• Like 4

I was just wondering, what about choosing totally different songs for bass?  It might make it easier to fit the difficulty to each class instead of sometimes ending up with similar difficulties across the board.

It was said before, but we do have a bunch of new participants so... not a chance. It basically means having another, separate Championship, and we don't have time to spare.

Everyone is free to try and organize something like that, but I'll be honest, it's not that easy to keep up running ;)

Understandable :)  I really do appreciate what all you organisers do already, was just an idea without actually considering how much extra organising that would be.

• Like 1

Beg:http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=902081524 I quite like the track, bass line's basic but it's kinda nice to rock out and feel like you're playing something that contributes to the sound and depth of the song. A strong 1 :)

Int:http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=902081429 Surprisingly likeable song for blinkydinks. good introduction for beg-int players to use chords a bit :) I am putting down the lack of 100% to tiredness otherwise I'd have nailed those sneaky ones higher up the neck. 2 or 2.5 if you've not got round to practicing chords yet.

Adv: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=902081610 I was very awful at playing this. Might spend some time on it but not sure I like the track enough.  

King Crimson I will be refraining from until I have a good uninterrupted day to practice chords. May have to wait until the kids have got married.

• Like 8

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

Started with Blink182 on bass.  It took three tries, but I have my 100%.

• Like 6

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)