Cannot repair my cdlc.

TheXyzylProject

By default, modern versions of Windows restrict write access to files within the "Program Files" and "Program Files (x86)" folders.  If this is indeed the problem, starting the toolkit by right clicking on it, selecting the option to "Run as administrator" and then answering yes when prompted whether to allow it to make changes to the computer (meaning the program will run with administrator privileges) and seeing if you can repair the song.  If this allows you to repair it, a more permanent solution would be to move the toolkit outside of the Program Files folder (perhaps put it at C:\CustomsForgeSongManager) and it will avoid this permissions problem.

If this allows you to repair it, a more permanent solution would be to move the toolkit outside of the Program Files folder (perhaps put it at C:\CustomsForgeSongManager) and it will avoid this permissions problem.

Or the toolkit should not write any temporary output in Program Files and use the profile folders - MS has changed their folder structure in many Windows versions and I don't know if this is getting complicated (if the hidden folders are visible it looks like a mess :)).

• Developer

CFSM installer script and directory usage has been modified in the latest beta to hopefully address some of the OS Permissions and AV whitelisting issues that users are having.  I would appreciate feedback if the latest beta of CFSM behaves better with newer OS.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

CFSM beta 1.3.1.0 (new) crashes on startup and dumps to debug.log. Running 2.8.2.- in toolkit as well. Had several errors where it did not create the new folders such as

"Exception(DirectoryNotFoundException): Could not find a part of the path 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\cfsm\duplicates'."   I manually created the missing folders each time I ran it and it  errored off. The only folder CFSM created by itself was  .....cfsm/original/ and 6 files within it;

cache.psarc.org

rs1compatibilitydisc_p.psarc.org

rs1compatibilitydlc_p.psarc.org

songs.hsan.org

songs_rs1disc.hsan.org

songs_rs1dlc.hsan.org

The last error received that I can't manually fix is;

"Exception(UnauthorizedAccessException): Access to the path 'cache.psarc.org' is denied."

I'm running WIN 7 and changed the exec compatibility to "run as administrator" and for the toolkit as well. Toolkit is NOT located in the ....\Programs\x386 directory tree.

So CFSM is broke for me until another update? It does play through Steam w/o CFSM.

:( :(

• Developer

There's a new permission problem in 1.3.1.0 I didn't get before:

[9.4.2017 10.15.37]:  - Repair failed ... Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\CustomsForgeSongManager\tmp' is denied.

Apropos of nothing, the max 5 repair always seems to remove vocals no matter which options I select.

• Developer

Thanks for feedback.  Please try latest beta 1.3.1.1 and let me know results.  You should not have to create any folders or files.  CFSM should do all the work.

"the max 5 repair always seems to remove vocals no matter which options I select."    Thanks for finding and reporting this bug.  Should be fixed now.  Could you please recheck Max5 repair with an original unrepaired CDLC that has known vocals/showlights?

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer

Please go to the CFSM installation, "c:\program files (x86)\CustomForgeSongManager" and delete the entire folder and contents.  Then do a fresh install of CFSM. 

The path 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\cfsm\archives'." is no longer used.  I don't know where this would be picked up from other than there is an old installation of CFSM somewhere.   Please let me know if fresh installation solves issue.

Did a complete uninstall and reloaded 1.3.1.1, got the same error. I saw you moved on to 1.3.1.2, so I installed that. Got the same error.

Exception(DirectoryNotFoundException): Could not find a part of the path 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\cfsm\archives'.

Note: previous installs version 1.3.1.0 installed with no problems. So I guess it is something you have changed in these versions...

Edited by scoobydoo1959

• Developer

Try deleting the 'My Documents/CFSM/songs.Info.xml' file.  Then restart CFSM.

• Developer

Thanks for feedback.  Please try latest beta 1.3.1.1 and let me know results.  You should not have to create any folders or files.  CFSM should do all the work.

"the max 5 repair always seems to remove vocals no matter which options I select."    Thanks for finding and reporting this bug.  Should be fixed now.  Could you please recheck Max5 repair with an original unrepaired CDLC that has known vocals/showlights?

I tried it and it works, vocals are no longer removed.

Deleted the songs.info.xml file from documents. Uninstalled CFSM  1.3.01 (which loads just fine). Searched registry for any CFSM entries there were none. Deleted the debug.log also. Left the cfsm.Settings.xml in the documents path. Re installed 1.3.1.2 and got the following error;

Exception(DirectoryNotFoundException): Could not find a part of the path 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\cfsm\duplicates'.

I did however try to load it one more time. I deleted the previous mentioned and deleted a cfsm folder that was in the steam path (which was not the program file) and it did in fact load correctly. I think I may have created those due to the previous errors to see if I could determine the error. So now there is no cfsm folder in the steam path. Is this correct?  There is a cfsm folder still in the documents path.

Thanks for your help. You guys are great!

:)

• Developer

@scoobydoo1959  'So now there is no cfsm folder in the steam path. Is this correct?  There is a cfsm folder still in the documents path.'

That is correct, perfect.  Glad you got it working.

• Like 1