Firekorn's CDLC & WIP

firekorn

• Administrator

The first bass update are here, please test it so we can address any problem with the workaround that @@Ross found!

Bass update for the moment :

-Crawl Through Knives

-Dead End

-Deliver Us

More will be updated but i didn't take time to check it. So please any feedback, good or bad, will be helpfull!

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

• Administrator

Every bass part with a C drop Bb or lower tunning are updated with the fixes, since i've done it without testing, any feedback good or bad is helpfull!

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

• Administrator

Updated : Sounds of a Playground Fading, The Quiet Place and Where the Dead Ships Dwell

Created : Varmlandsvisan, Zombie Inc. and Dead Eternity

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Many thx for all the "In Flames" customs you've already created - I've dl them (I hate retuning, but their tunings was one reason that no customs could be created from these in rs1 - tuning once and play more in a row or use a 2nd guitar could be a solution ;))

Nice workshop.

I'm not a friend of requests and pls don't see it as is - only as a suggestions

Alias, The Mirrors Truth, Whoracle and their Land Of Confusion Cover

Do you have a tab book or did you get them from the known archives?

• Like 2

• Administrator

For the tab i'll simply search for them (mostly on ultimate guitar) but many solos have been readjusted by ear.

I have to admit that it was easy to start without request because i know what i wanted to do but it's more fun to answer request since you know that at least one person will be glad you did it other than yourself.

I'm glad you liked what i did and if you have anything to say about the customs please, say it! i'm not able to see or ear everything and i will gladly update customs if i have feedback.

• Like 2

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

• Administrator

Finished The mirror's truth and Egonomic, and updated Alias (will soon be finished)

Coming Next :

Whoracle (Almost entirely finished, no vocals and there's no need of chart verification, just misses the RR)

Land Of confusion (there's some testing for a 5 strings bass goind on there but there's no RR in the version posted)

Evil in a closet (there's some tone switch and RR left before upload)

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Got my five string today and played a good bit of your customs, they are so much fun to play :) In Flames customs were pretty much the reason I started looking into getting a 5 string and trying to find a fix for the notes to register.

One thing though, you could up the volume of the bass parts.

• Administrator

Thanks to some feedback, i updated only for the weak with a correct 4 strings bass part and an actual 5 strings bass part.

I'm aware of the issue about the bass tone and i will update it along the way.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

• Administrator

Added All For Me, The Jester's Dance, Dead Alone

Updated Evil in a Closet

I wasn't able to find any tab for Transparent so if anyone has one, i would be really glad, but that won't stop me to doing it anyway, it will just take a lot more time so i will keep it in stand by at the moment.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

I'm just going to say that I love you, first of all.  Si jamais vous êtes a Montréal, je vous achète une bière!

If I could make one request, it would be for ordinary story. That's pretty much the last song of my 'favorites' that I can't find as CDLC.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Finished All for Me, Dead Alone and Jester's Dance.

Sorry for the time it takes me but i'm quite busy at the moment and i'm trying to help on the tone request thread which takes a lot of time.

Ordinary Story will be probably be up next week because i will have more time to work on it.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Hi,

you've added customs tones, but the names are on some (I've not checked all) like "Bass", "Clean", "Rhythm", "Acoustic" which are too generic names. This causes problems when adding customs which are using the same tone names and breaks rocksmith.

Changing them to tone names containing the song name + band - for example in the Alias custom

"Flames Alias Bass", "Flames Alias Rhythm", "Flames Alias Acoustic" would avoid it.

• Administrator

All my custom uses the same tone name (especially true for bass) and i never encounter any problem with this.

Can you explain how and when the tone bug appear and why do you think this is related to the tone name?

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

I think it's the same when using only the default tone - when adding the In Flames customs it does not load all album covers in the songlist (it displays the default cover for many customs and dlc which worked before) and the game tends to freeze or crash when playing other customs (which worked before adding the Flames customs). After removing them (which are using the same tone names) it's fixed (all covers loading and no freeze on other customs). It's on the mac version and I guess that it's some caching and when using the same tone names these will interfere and breaking it. Maybe this effect depends on the number of customs in the dlc or other side effects. It's just as an information to avoid possible problems, because there're customs which have only a default tone or other issues which is not the case on yours. I've not tested if it works when all other customs are removed (these freezes are not always reproducable and when removing and readding a custom it can be fixed or be broken) - I only know that some customs break rocksmith and that it could have different reasons related to the build process, the custom itself, the conversion to another platform, the custom tones and so on.

And when dl a custom you've to deal with that or keep with only official ones.

• Administrator

So from what I understand, you play on mac and so you do the conversion yourself? It might explain why I don't encounter this problem on PC...

If you add only one In Flames CDLC, do you still have the problem?

I'll try to convert some myself and send it to you later today with the modified tone name to see if that's the problem.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

• Administrator

@@papillon : You can find here some custom i started to pack with updtated tone name : https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1ZKYtpB0vu2LUJqZUE4WFd0UFE&usp=sharing

If some doesn't have DD and other do, it's perfectly normal.

let me know if there's still any problem.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography