Rocksmith + Focusrite on windows

malaki

Question

Does anyone here have good audio settings for the use of this interface as an audio output with the Rocksmith cable as input?

I'm using latencybuffer 1, and Max

MaxOutputBufferSize=1024

ExclusiveMOde 0 and Win32ulatencymode 0

if I don't use these I get choppy sound

any advice on how to get better latency without the sound issues using this interface? 

4 answers to this question

Does anyone here have good audio settings for the use of this interface as an audio output with the Rocksmith cable as input?

I'm using latencybuffer 1, and Max

MaxOutputBufferSize=1024

ExclusiveMOde 0 and Win32ulatencymode 0

if I don't use these I get choppy sound

any advice on how to get better latency without the sound issues using this interface? 

To be honest, i tried for days to get usable Sound with playable latencys through varying USB interfaces. Just forget it. RS was designed to work with onboard sound. You're best off running it like that. Even High quality Interfaces that i'm able to run sub 3ms latency in Reaper are unusable in RS.

I just switch my headphones over to onboard sound when i play RS. 

(Focusrite is a brand, not the model^^)

The problem here is the RS cable. You can't get less than 15ms or so, which makes a round-trip of 18 or so with a modern musical audio interface as output.

You can use parallel solutions if you're ready to get rid of internal amp simulation : external amp, multi efx pedal... or running an ASIO-capable amp sim software on parallel of RS, if your drivers supports multiclient. In that case RS2014 can be used in "USB microphone" mode (wich disable internal amp sim support) with any sound card you like... and you may give your cable to someone who will need it.