Play Rocksmith 2014 Remastered with an Audio Interface! (MAC)

Mxrider619

Question

What's up people, while browsing around the web for a solution, I was unable to find any no-cable workaround for using an audio interface on Mac. Then I stumbled across this gem. Worked like a charm, got my M-Audio 2x2 working perfectly with Rocksmith immediately, and wanted to share for any other Mac players!

All credit to the original video creator https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMiHKBIjQe0

• Like 1

9 answers to this question

I have a question then to add to this thread.  How, and what would be the best way to go about an Audio interface on Windows 10???  I have really been eyeballing the hell out of BIAS FX, by Positive Grid.  And I'm eventually going to buy it.  I just want to use it with RS.  I've done a little research on it, but I'm curious to know if anyone has any info on the most efficient way to run an interface on a Windows PC, or Surface Pro.  Cheers!

Sadly, it only seems to work with interfaces with a single input. I have an old Apogee Jam (USB) that works fine with Rocksmith. But I also have a much better, lower latency, 4 input PreSonus Quantum 2 Thunderbolt 2 interface that doesn't work. Which is very disappointing because it is the only software I've found on a Mac that doesn't work with the Quantum interface. 

I have tried Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. It works fine with the rename. Also you can create an aggregate to just use your direct line input if it is separate from your audio output. Just use a 1/4" to 3.5mm mono adapter. Tried on a MacPro, but hadn't been able to get it working on a macbook.

Also tried with a ProFire 2626 with various settings, but couldn't get it to work, I'm guessing because it has too many inputs, which is a shame, because it's a solid interface as well.

Has anybody gotten multiplayer working this way? Do you need to setup two different interfaces? Do you need to rename a second aggregate?

@@Robbysturms i guess it's possible to get ProFire 2626 working with rs you need to force it to work in 16 bit 48 kHz and probably you'll be fine then, as for inputs that could be difficult to determinate tho :)

multiplayer searches for second cable it technically should work and nocable has it working for pc so worth trying