Song causing game to crash

I've made over 90 customs and I have never experienced a thing like this. The CDLC worked fine, then I reworked the whole thing and since then it crashes over and over again. Tried to change the tones, opened chart in new EOF. Made new project in EOF. I rephrased it, fucked around with tech notes and after 2 months I don't really know what to do with it. Updated Toolkit didn't help, Updated EOF didn't help. If anyone figures something out, please do tell !

DOWNLOAD

| The MUSE Project | BABYMETAL DiscographyMY Customs | Rocksmith for 15£ 

"Please, always leave feedback, it helps me to create better customs !

Don't forget to write down your comment and push the thanks button !" 

• Developer

@@Shiroo Plz provide the EOF xml files that you used to produce the CDLC.  The psarc files that you included are not produced with latest toolkit beta or EOF release.  Please upgrade toolkit beta and EOF versions and try again.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

@@Shiroo Plz provide the EOF xml files that you used to produce the CDLC.  The psarc files that you included are not produced with latest toolkit beta or EOF release.  Please upgrade toolkit beta and EOF versions and try again.

@@cozy1

I'm not sure why it wasn't in the rar. But I updated it. New psarc files, all the XML. Everything used was the latest version, EOF and toolkit too.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tbj430z59fpwou1/Muse%20-%20House%20Of%20The%20Rising%20Sun.rar?dl=0

• Developer

Any chance you have a copy of the Animals, HOTRS loaded into game too?

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

So, a few questions that might help diagnose the problem:

1) Exactly how does it crash? Does it freeze after tuning before the note highway shows up, or in some other way? If so, please describe how.

2) Are you creating the .wem by interacting directly with Wwise, or by using the toolkit to encode it from a .ogg or .wav? (The toolkit is safer since it's possible to enter the wrong settings in Wwise)

3) Do any of your notes have a ton of associated tech notes? (I once had a custom crash on a particular path because the GP file tried to simulate a wide vibrato with bends and the note had a bajillion tech notes. I can't remember exactly how it crashed, though. I remember someone else having a similar problem a few months ago. Maybe @@Brooklyn_Sounds?)

And yeah, there might be other things that could cause problems. Conflicts with another custom's DLC key, arrangement number (extremely unlikely) or something like that, but it seems like things like those wouldn't affect everyone like it sounds the problems you're having do.

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

• Developer

@@raynebc does new version of EOF still comment xml with EOF version number?  Here is header from PART REAL_GUITAR_RS2.xml arrangement that seems odd cause it is missing EOF info.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<song version="7">
  <!-- CST v2.8.2.0-1315c012 -->
  <!-- DDC v3.3 - 03/31/2017 - ddc_default.cfg - ddc_default.xml -->
  <title>House Of The Rising Sun</title>

Where as vocals xml seems normal:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<!-- EOF v1.8RC12 (3-11-2017) -->
<vocals count="85">

I am seeing some unusual content in the 'events' element.  Specifically the 'unk5'.  Does this seem normal for the abridged version of xml?

<transcriptionTrack difficulty="-1">
    <notes count="40">
      <note time="62.982" bend="2" fret="7" string="3" sustain="0.901">
        <bendValues>
          <bendValue time="63.208" step="2" unk5="0" />
        </bendValues>
      </note>
      <note time="63.886" bend="2" fret="7" string="3" sustain="0.6">
        <bendValues>
          <bendValue time="63.886" unk5="0" />
          <bendValue time="63.999" step="2" unk5="0" />
          <bendValue time="64.188" unk5="0" />
        </bendValues>
      </note>

Given this is the 'transcription' element maybe there is issue with DDC?  @Chlipouni what do you think?  Difficulty "-1"?

Take a look at full project files in above link if you need more info.  The only thing that look suspect from toolkit aspect is that showlights.xml is very sparse which could indicate a problem with the bass arrangement.

Appreciate the input guys.

@@Shiroo try producing the CDLC without DD content.  Remove it if you have to using the toolkit.

• Developer

EOF still includes the version number in a comment tag, so that XML may have been created (instead of unpacked) by the toolkit.

Thanks.  This helped me find a bug in toolkit CDLC Creator that was dropping the EOF comment.  The intended function of toolkit is to retain the EOF comment and add toolkit and DDC version comments.  That is how it will be in next beta release.

• Developer

@Shiroo  Plz try latest toolkit beta (29da7cc).  Make sure you delete the 'cst_showlights.xml' file from you EOF project folder first before using toolkit to Generate the CDLC.

Let me know if this fixes in-game crashing issue for you.

Im not home at the moment. I will let you know in a few days. Thanks so much

• 3 weeks later...

@Shiroo  Plz try latest toolkit beta (29da7cc).  Make sure you delete the 'cst_showlights.xml' file from you EOF project folder first before using toolkit to Generate the CDLC.

Let me know if this fixes in-game crashing issue for you.

@@cozy1 did try the newest toolkit 4733bc88. It still doesn't work. Also I did run the xmls through the newest EOF and still no luck :/

• Developer

Did you delete the 'cst_showlights.xml' file.

@@Alex360 I made the same steps I do with every CDLC. Here is the newest file folder:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wkt0ep3hjqbabye/Muse%20-%20House%20Of%20The%20Rising%20Sun_2_0.rar?dl=0

• Developer

Did you delete the 'cst_showlights.xml' file.

@@cozy1 yep

The 'cst_showlights.xml' in your project files is still invalid (there are only three 'showlight' elements). 

Delete the 'cst_showlights.xml' and the *_RS2014.dlc.xml files. 

Start the toolkit CDLC Creator. 

Add the 'PART REAL_BASS.xml'  file to the toolkit Arrangements first!  The showlights will be generated from the bass arrangement only if it is added first.  Add the other arrangements, i.e. guitar and vocals.

Add/Edit the matching tones.  Be sure to delete the 'Default' tone if still present.

Set the version number.

Generate

There should be seven 'showlight' elements in the 'cst_showlights.xml' if you followed these steps correctly.

EDIT: Released new beta toolkit that validates the generated 'cst_showlights.xml'.

• Like 1

@@cozy1 it works perfectly now ! Thank you very much for the help :) 

• Like 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy