PC Crash/Game Freeze

Zach4531

Question

5 answers to this question

Hi Zach,

I had a similar problem: I wasn't able to start a song - crashes immediately (but not on a "bsod"); I only could exit by a dirty hardware reset.

The reason was found fast: the resolution was changed before. So, if you changed something on your resolution, set it back to default (looks weird, but is working).

So, if you changed something at your settings, you won't be able to restore defaults in the game (in my case). I had to modify "rocksmith.ini" inside of "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014" - open up the file inside of an editor and set ScreenWith (1280) and ScreenHeight (1024) back to their defaults (as named in the brackets; no unit after it or similar).

Maybe this will help you ... good luck.

I have also endless crashes when start, or quit, or scrolling in the list. I have deleted dlc´s for hours. Reintalled Rocksmith and Steam a hundred times. But i dont found the bug. After every update i have more and more problems. Many songs has been blocked because they released official.

I dont use Rocksmith any more. I play only with amp now. I have wasted hours with repairing rocksmith... wasted time with wrong chords and notes.

i take these hours and play only with amp now...

I tried this song manager , taking many time to convert them all. But Rocksmith crashes already...

I´m tired of wasting time in this...

I have also endless crashes when start, or quit, or scrolling in the list. I have deleted dlc´s for hours. Reintalled Rocksmith and Steam a hundred times. But i dont found the bug. After every update i have more and more problems. Many songs has been blocked because they released official.

I dont use Rocksmith any more. I play only with amp now. I have wasted hours with repairing rocksmith... wasted time with wrong chords and notes.

i take these hours and play only with amp now...

I tried this song manager , taking many time to convert them all. But Rocksmith crashes already...

I´m tired of wasting time in this...

I know how you feel I spent the best part of an afternoon trying to sort out the audio and stop the game crashing before a song loads. I managed to fix the audio but the crashes are still happening, I gave up in the end and just accepted its going to happen from time to time :-( 

• Like 1