Beginner:          @@klaw

Intermediate:     @Riffengud

Advanced:        @@lduperval

Masterclass:    @JokerTheAnarchist

Congrats to all winners. Well done!

This week songs are

„Twisted Shaka Kraka Shoko“

Lead Path:

Beginner:         Shaka Ponk - I'm Picky                                        (3) chosen by @@firekorn

Intermediate:    Krakatit - Der dicke Darm                                      (4) chosen by @@fripponomic

Advanced:        Twisted Sister - Ride to Live, Live to Ride       (6) chosen by @Mackaybre

MasterClass:   Shoko Nagawa - Sorairo Days                             (8)  chosen by @@Gamut

Rhythm Path:

Beginner:          Shaka Ponk - I'm Picky                                    (3)

Beginner 2:      Twisted Sister - Ride to Live, Live to Ride       (3)

Intermediate     Krakatit - Der dicke Darm                                    (4)

Advanced:        Shoko Nagawa - Sorairo Days                           (7,5)

Masterclass:    Hail the Sun Testostyrannosaurus               (9) chosen by @@Mortalo, as played week 62 

Bass Path:

Beginner:           Twisted Sister - Ride to Live, Live to Ride       (2)

Intermediate :    Shaka Ponk - I'm Picky                                      (4)

Advanced:        Krakatit - Der dicke Darm                                      (7,5)

Masterclass :     Shoko Nagawa - Sorairo Days                             (8)

Share with us your opinion on this weeks songs difficulty scores (1-10).

Exercise Challenges:

1st Exercise: Blues Comping 1 in A major shuffle
2nd Exercise: 
Blues Comping 2 in A major - straight 8ths
3rd Exercise: 
Blues Comping 3 in G major (funky)
4rd Exercise: 
Blues Comping 4 in E major (shuffle)

Everyone can bring up new scores that will be added to the  
exercises scoreboards

Honorable list Diehard Member:

(draft)

Classless, Fearless FreeBird Members in their endless battle with the fb police:

Rock on!!!

• Like 2

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

So what do we have?

Rng served a rather strange week with all unknown to me but really interesting songs.

Thx to my dear friend @@emu for a great multiplayer song selection evening!

Rock!

As told before Scores from W178 are still valid to post till 6am sun morning!

• Like 2

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

Very nice, this week with Krakatit we have another smash hit from one oft my old Bands of the mid 90s. Hope I find some time this week for playing. But my recordings and mixing for my next song is already complete, so the chances are not too bad. A pity that I missed the Supergroove last week.

• Like 1
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

Hell Yeah!

got home a bit early. Frets are leveled, action is set up and we got some epic J-Action going own! This will be a great week  :D

My first sidreads. Let's see how good this gets over the week

http://i68.tinypic.com/ipm4br.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/slsosk.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/sb30no.jpg

• Like 6

Hmmm...

I gots a question: how come I'm third if I have more points *and* it was in Master mode? Also is my name in red because of Master mode?

Thanks,

L

Just because Autosort didnt work here...

Of course you won, - correcting that!

As usual, I started on the beginner tracks and worked up in difficulty.

Live to Ride, Ride to Live on bass = 100%

I'm Picky on bass tuned Drop D = 97.8%

I tried I'm Picky again on a bass tuned to BEAD and had a lot of note recognition issues.  Even notes on open strings that are in tune often show as misses.  Is anyone else having problems with the note recognition on the bonus track?

• Like 5

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

I tried I'm Picky again on a bass tuned to BEAD and had a lot of note recognition issues.  Even notes on open strings that are in tune often show as misses.  Is anyone else having problems with the note recognition on the bonus track?

I just calibrated before trying again and it made a world of difference - 99.8 %

I think that this is required because the BEAD is set as a bonus rhythm guitar track, and would be calibrated for guitar input.

• Like 4

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

Feels so good when your song gets picked. I hope you guys like anime theme songs.

http://i.imgur.com/oMCRBFE.png

This song keeps you on your feet - there's a lot of alternate chords on the same grooves.

The anime it's from, Gurren Lagann, is my favourite of all time. It's about people who live in underground villages to hide from the dangerous world on the surface... until they find a robotic head, drill out, and start kicking everything's ass.

http://i.imgur.com/zdYmBad.png

LIVE TO FLY! FLY TO LIVE! DO OR DIE!  Oh, uh - that's not what we're playing.

Ehhh. Song is okay, but it's no Aces High.

• Like 7

Gamut now active again on Youtube!

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!

Yep.  But then I have been playing with my volume settings.  I probably also need to re-calibrate.

And I forgot to post these last night:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49Qq-EFnmrKbXVYMURrSVZhaTQ/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49Qq-EFnmrKLXBMS01PdWVfRmc/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49Qq-EFnmrKQUQwSEtvVHBrQ0E/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49Qq-EFnmrKLWUwajduZWNXbXc/view?usp=sharing

Guess which technique is still giving me trouble? :)

• Like 8

I usually shy away from songs with Japanese vocals like they are the plague, but I did have a go at that masterclass bass song and it was actually quite fun to play, if you focus on the bassline :P That being said though,is that masterclass bass song really a 9 out of 10 on the rating? I feel like ive played way more difficult songs out there.. but that just might be me idk

• Like 3

Bassist, currently learning guitar.
Big fan of 70's Hardrock, 80's heavymetal and cheesy hairmetal

My CDLC's

Bugger - just lost my reply.

Anyway, @@Syvaa, I'll just put it this way - I'm surprised I got 97% on my first go, on a song that's rated a 9.  So, no it probably isn't a 9.  :D  

But I'm not going to suggest the Advanced and MC are swapped!  :o

I'm going to try the Krakatit again today.  I'm sure the Krakatit is easier than the Sorairo Days - it's just that when I try to play slap bass on a sight reading, my whole brain freezes.  I have to have some idea of where the song is going before I can devote some of my attention away from the sight read and onto what my right hand is doing, if that makes any sense to anyone.

• Like 3

I'm going to try the Krakatit again today.  I'm sure the Krakatit is easier than the Sorairo Days - it's just that when I try to play slap bass on a sight reading, my whole brain freezes.  I have to have some idea of where the song is going before I can devote some of my attention away from the sight read and onto what my right hand is doing, if that makes any sense to anyone.

I've not tried any of this week's tracks yet (I gather Krakatit is slapped?), but that makes absolute sense to me! :)

• Like 1

*Mics up cazoo. Scores a trillion in MCbass*

Ok, I've been and tried them (adv & mc), not uploaded screens yet as I'm still playing - just wanted to quickly get my first impressions down.....

Krakatit is waaayyyy harder than last week's MC.  Compared to last week's Supergroove it's more like a MC track, it's making me think Supergroove was really a 6....because once you got the patterns down it repeated throughout; there's more variation with Krakatit. 

I scored higher with my first play of Sorairo Days too.  I don't know though, I think Krakatit might be more masterable (is that a word? :P ) with lots of plays - I'll probably live to regret saying that! :lol:  Sorairo I feel is more about having the speed, which isn't necessarily something you can improve a lot on over the course of one week.  If you've already got it it's going to be easy to do well.  I don't know, I'd be happy to attempt either, it's nice to get some challenging songs.  We tend to get a lot of songs rated below our class in bass so it's nice to feel pushed to improve. :)

Of course, if you do end up with Krakatit in MC @@missis sumner, you'll have to switch to emulated - that's the way winners do it ;) :P  :ph34r:

• Like 7

*Mics up cazoo. Scores a trillion in MCbass*

@@Bass - that are 2 hard songs which is very cool.

Rechecked and the order is right.

My diff ratings was 7.5 on Krakatit and 8 on Sor Days. 9 it is not.

Memo to myself: always trust your own feeling and get smashed when you are awfully wrong afterwards ;)

• Like 7

Right, I don't slap well AT all (I am a below the beginner ability with the technique), but, I am making progress with this particular ADV bass track. I started out at 47% and DD was alllll orange. I NEVER use DD but I thought for this particular track, since I don't really know this band, I don't mind if I don't do it justice so I'll use DD to just help me with the slap technique in general. Slowing it down and reducing the notes definitely helped at the start and eventually I started to get the rhythm down and even 100%'d a few of the sections. so here's my "non" score which I'm hoping to improve to an SA entry later in the week. RS just crashed and my popping finger is a bit burned so I'm gonna rest a bit before getting back to it :) http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=891829303

Future me hopes to try a red hot chillies at some point :)

• Like 6

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony