Any tips for getting used to Inverted Mode?

Nick K.

Question

So, I have now reached a level where I think I can tackle a few songs on my own, so i started reading tabs (pretty easy after a few days of learning symbols by heart and stuff) and now I've decided to do the same in Rocksmith but I find arpeggio chords (or a bit of a solo sometimes) REALLY confusing even though it can be an arpeggio of just a simple barre chord! Any tips (other that practicing for a while with the setting on) ?

My CDLC ! 

I usually release about 2 CDLC a month, because I like to take my time and make them as good as I can for the benefit of everyone interested in them ;)

3 answers to this question

Time will fix it.  Just give your brain some time to unflip things back to normal.

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2012/nov/12/improbable-research-seeing-upside-down

"After 10 days, he had grown so accustomed to the invariably upside-down world that, paradoxically and happily, everything seemed to him normal, rightside-up."

On Rocksmith, I cannot think of a better advice than practicing at a slower tempo. I often slow the tempo to learn new stuff, going even slower if the part looks hard, and if things seems really hard I just hit pause, so I have time to read.

I'm not quite sure what you mean about learning things by heart before reading tabs... tabs are pretty straightforward and don't really need anything else than taking one step at the time, so you can get the correct finger position and technique involved.

@@Rockfirstlast @@Jefbyos Thanks for your advice!

And by learning symbols by heart i mean... for example: h for hammer on or the / for sliding up, that kind of stuff

My CDLC ! 

I usually release about 2 CDLC a month, because I like to take my time and make them as good as I can for the benefit of everyone interested in them ;)