Autosave Feature

• Developer

The toolkit does not delete an arrangement, it will only 'remove' it from usage in the CDLC Creator GUI.   'Autosave' has to do with template 'dlc.xml' files.  The toolkit autosaves templates on exit, it does not delete them.

If you removed an arrangement from the CDLC Creator GUI and then exited the toolkit, the template will be autosaved without the arrangement.  If you subsequently 'Load' the template then the arrangement will not be loaded to the CDLC Creator GUI because you deleted it (even if it was accidental).  You can add the arrangement back to the CDLC Creator GUI from your EOF project folder.  No biggie.

I will clarify the usage of the word "Remove" vs "Delete" in a future release of the toolkit beta and can add a Configuration option to disable template autosave.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer

You can now disable the toolkit template autosave feature.   From the 'General Config' menu uncheck the 'Autosave Templates'.  Once disable it is up to the user to manually save the template. 

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Administrator

@@KingCobra Why would you want to delete an arrangement though? removing it from the psarc is enough to obtain the desired result and won't delete the file if you ever want to use it.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

@@firekorn Sorry, I got confused about the use of the words remove and delete.

When I typed that "I'd accidentally 'deleted' an arrangement" from my project, I had mean't to say "I'd accidentally 'removed' it. I need to practise my english more.

Note: I have always used the "Save Template" button to save, and was unaware of the autosave function until I tried to back out after I'd erred.

• Developer

Autosave is a new feature added for benefit of users who forget to use the 'Save Template' button.

• 1 month later...

Autosave is a new feature added for benefit of users who forget to use the 'Save Template' button.

The autosave feature is asking the user to save the template after importing tone(s).

I do not believe that this is intended, given the explaination box that appears when the mouse hovers over the checkbox.

I experienced this using rstoolkit-2.8.2.0-69be634f-win.  I know there is a slightly newer Toolkit beta, but I would imagine this is still the case if it has not been addressed.

Here is an example profile for testing the importing of tones

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2oZs0ta32KyTkJ1N2tuby13YU0/view?usp=sharing

• Developer

@PC Plum  'The autosave feature is asking the user to save the template after importing tone(s).'  So if I import a tone from the profile you attached,  the only time toolkit asks me to save template is if/when I leave the 'CDLC Creator' GUI.  This is intended action. 

You can disable the autosave feature prompting in the 'General Config' menu by unchecking the 'Autosave Templates' checkbox.

Could you please describe your workflow so I can better address issue?

• Developer

I revised autosave so that it occurs on application exit.  This should prevent some of the issues.  I did observe template save file dialog if I added arrangements and then imported tones (this was unexpected).  This latest beta revision gets rid of this behavior. 

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy