wWise Error

OW Angel

Question

I'm in the process of learning how to make CDLC and on the final step here I get an error with the toolkit when I click generate. Here's an image.

Reading the error some it says I need a version prior to 2016? Is that really the case? I can't select older versions on the launcher. A google search turned up saying I need to set the directory in a tab on the toolkit but I'm not finding it and it's a thread from two years ago.

EDIT:

Ok, I didn't see the search function up there and found the link I needed. I did a quick sloppy CDLC and it seemed to load fine. For anyone that needs it in the future you can get the 2015 download here:

https://www.audiokinetic.com/files/?get=2015.1.9_5624/Wwise_v2015.1.9_Setup.exe

8 answers to this question

• Developer

You still need to have Wwise 2013, 2014, or 2015 installed for the toolkit to auto convert wav or ogg audio to the required Wwise wem files.  If this feature of the toolkit works then you have the correct Wwise version installed, otherwise you will get a toolkit error message.

• Like 1

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

By the way you can avoid using WWISE altogether due to the fact it is included in the latest toolkit, so skip that step altogether :)

Guitars: ESP LTD F-54 Bass, Tanglewood Curbow4 Bass, Stagg BC300-N Bass, Yamaha BBN5bk (5String), ESP LTD AX-360, Plus a cheapo no name acoustic

• Administrator

@@Bluetac You still need to have it installed on your computer though and the 2015 or older version now require an account. The link up there allow people to avoid creating an account for it.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

@@firekorn i was under the impression that since V2.7 the toolkit converts to .ogg via command line and so does not need to have WWISE installed, it is included in the extracted folder. I tested this a couple of days ago on a remake i have been working on. A cmd box pops up and converts the file from the wav files that are saved by EOF 

Edit 

I do not have wwise installed at the moment

Guitars: ESP LTD F-54 Bass, Tanglewood Curbow4 Bass, Stagg BC300-N Bass, Yamaha BBN5bk (5String), ESP LTD AX-360, Plus a cheapo no name acoustic

• Administrator

@@Bluetac it may have change but when the feature was introduced, wwise still needed to be installed for it to work as the toolkit just used the command to tell wwise what to do.

Maybe it changed since then but people have reported that the conversion never worked when they had wwise 2016 installed.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Ah i didnt know that , i just checked and sure enough i did have it installed i just didn't have it pinned. I hadn't launched it in ages since the tool kit converts it for us, i just assumed it was included as it was in the folder :)