Locked AVG Detects Virus?

SlyG

• 2 weeks later...

I did have the same thing happen to me.  I reported the file to AVG so they could do a checkup on it.  A few days later I reinstalled, and AVG is content.  I rescanned the .exe file with AVG and it finds no infection.

I would recommend you do the same with any file that you suspect is clean of infection (from a reputable source) and detects as having a virus.  It could very well be a false positive result but better safe than sorry.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Virus: Trojan:Win32/Fuery.A!cl Found in CustomsForgeSongManager.exe do we know anything about this?

I am having the same problem with Windows 10 Defender, tried to download the beta version but browser instablocked it. Is the previous version kicking about anywhere?

• Developer

@group  Try downloading the latest CFSM beta from this link  http://appdev.cfmanager.com//CFSMSetup.rar and post your results.

• Like 2

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

@group  Try downloading the latest CFSM beta from this link  http://appdev.cfmanager.com//CFSMSetup.rar and post your results.

Thank you @@cozy1 Works perfect now, no AV or smartscreen filter fits

Downloads fine now and installed with no errors, I have downloaded it on all my browsers to test it for you.

Chrome Version 59.0.3071.115 (64-bit)

Firefox Version 54.0.1 (64-bit)

Microsoft Edge 40.15063.0.0

Antivirus Eset Endpoint Version 6.5.2094.0

Many thanks for re visiting this and finding a fix  :plus1:

Guitars: ESP LTD F-54 Bass, Tanglewood Curbow4 Bass, Stagg BC300-N Bass, Yamaha BBN5bk (5String), ESP LTD AX-360, Plus a cheapo no name acoustic

• Developer

@acrox999  Did Avira prevent you from downloading "CFSMSetup.rar"?  Now you still need to add CFSMSetup.exe and CustomsForgeSongManager.exe to Avira's list of approved apps.  There is no virus.  Your Avira is just being a bugger.

• Like 2

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.