EoF still doesnt import bpm changes

Wormweed

Just the first beat, then ignores all the other bpm changes from the gp files. The beat markers numbering is also off compared to the gp files. So i cant even look at the gp file beat marker numbers and just go there in EoF and change the bpm, since its off.

I was hoping this was fixed, as i was getting bored having to spend ages having to sync the song, instead of it just importing the way it is written, then just minor sync adjustments if needed.

Using latest EoF hotfix, and this gp file https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/l/lord_belial/forlorn_in_silence_guitar_pro.htm

But i remember this is why i stopped making cdlc some time ago, so its not just this tab thats the problem.

Keep in mind is that Guitar Pro import does not import tempo changes because it is not intended to do so.  If you're waiting for this to change, you're going to be disappointed. Guitar Pro files are almost never accurate enough in timing to line up appropriately with a recording of a song and every properly authored chart will involve manually syncing measures and beats (or a song that is perfectly in tempo due to it being engineered that way, ie. electronic genre music or a very anal-retentive sound engineer).  If you really wanted, you can have Guitar Pro export a MIDI file (this will include tempo changes) and have EOF import that MIDI file for the tempo changes, and then import the tablature with Guitar Pro import.

As for measure numbering, I did a couple spot checks but it looks like it imported correctly.  That Guitar Pro file is authored with repeated measures, so the real measure numbering when played by a human is not the same thing.  For example, measure 1 is repeated once, so what is measure 2 on the tablature is measure 3 when "unwrapped" into a notation that lists all played measures in order.  This is correct, intentional, required behavior.  If you can identify measures that are being imported out of correct order, please clarify.

• Like 1

I didnt know the repeated parts counted different, didnt think about that.

How come its not intended to import tempo changes? I know it's gonna take some minor syncing, but would be many times quicker than to find the correct markers and manually change the bpm, then fine tune it after.

I tried the midi export/import, and that does indeed import tempo changes, and it did so while couning the repeating parts. So it changed tempo at marker 17. So thats very helpful, thanks for that tip, i didnt know that worked.

Many people import tablature after syncing the beat map, especially if different instrument arrangements happen to be in different files. Having the tempos imported would be destructive. I also didn't want people to get the impression that the tempo changes defined in the Guitar Pro file are accurate enough, the format only allows for whole numbers and accurate tempo mapping usually requires going into tenths, hundredths or even thousandths of a BPM. Since there is a reasonably simple workaround of having Guitar Pro export a MIDI and importing that for tempo changes, I consider it best to be left the way it is.

• Like 1

Yeah, you are probably right. I didnt know about the midi import part before you told me, and that does exactly what i wanted.

Trying to sync before importing is quite hard with all the compressed music out there. I strive to get all my music in lossless high quality, but some of it is just made terrible, like Death Magnetic.

Edit: yeah idk, this song sucks to sync up either way. Doesnt even look like they played the song in time when they recorded it