Locked Close to making CDLC for Mac... small issue

Well, I'm not suppose to fiddling around the mac version of the toolkit, but since I renamed the .wems to the correct name, the toolkit will avoid conversions. On mac, the conversion doesn't work at all. So, I renamed the .wems to avoid conversions, got to the screen where to save your .psarc file, click yes, and I got this: 

Package generation failed. See below:

Error generate PC package

Could not find file "/var/folders/7t/pq3rcfh55wj_sdhjc1frhx_m0000gn/T/x2yt1pso.ex1.dds".

And A bunch of this random code on the bottom. I assume the CDLC Package Creator has never been fixed on Mac. Just saying, and hopefully this will be working soon. Thanks!

NOTE: I'm using EOF (4/26/2016), Wwise v2015.1.9, and the stable version of the Toolkit, just in case of ya'll are wondering.

Check out my Released, WIP, and
Future CDLCs here(Ubisoft Style):
I)ark_Seph's Customs

• Developer

Problem has to do with your album artwork.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer

Please confirm the path exists.  "Could not find file "/var/folders/7t/pq3rcfh55wj_sdhjc1frhx_m0000gn/T/x2yt1pso.ex1.dds".

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer

Are you trying to generate PC or Mac package on Mac?  "Error generate PC package"

• Developer

Are you adding 512x512 Album Artwork image to the project in CDLC Creator GUI?  If so and you still get error try using a different image file.  Sometimes image files are bad, it has happened before.

I am converting 220px images to 512x512. Only used jpeg and dds files only. But I will try using already made 512x512 images. If that doesn't work, it's probably missing that file goes into /vars/folders whatever.

EDIT: Still no luck. Tried using a image thats already 512x512 without converting. Where's that file that the error keeps throwing off? Is it downloadable?

Also to note, I think EOF on Mac needs an update since its been almost a year and god knows how many many hotfix releases we had between now and then. Just my opinion.

I)ark_Seph's Customs

@@I)ark_Seph
That error @MacOS is about Toolkit v2.4 since we published it's mac version ;)

Um, official point was really there long time ago, I should put message for all mac users who have no wine that they won't be able to generate any CDLC from scratch due to toolkit's lacking image2dds converter and ogg tools for linux based systems too. so all you can do with toolkit is converting PC to MAC CDLC, that's real usecase, even tho I haven't tried with wine :\

• Developer

@Alex360  Welcome back sir Alex.  :tada:  Your Mac expertise has been missed.

So I should I use wine and make Mac customs from there cause I already have Wine?

EDIT: Well guys, I should go make a tutorial for all you Mac users out there that would like to create CDLCs. Mine works just fine. Just used the latest beta version of the toolkit, and the package creation works like a charm. Only downside is you cant generate PS3 packages because of Java not installed through Wine, but that's fine. Who uses a PS3 to play CDLCs anyway. Problem solved! Will make a tutorial soon!

• Like 1

I)ark_Seph's Customs

• Developer

@I)ark_Seph

Please at least detail your workflow for us here so that it is documented.  I'm sure other Mac users would appreciate your tutorial of how you produced CDLC on Mac. 

Can you develop/write/compile C# native code on Mac?  We need a Mac developer for the toolkit (no offense to Sir Alex's expertise).

@@cozy1, I'm not able to post regular code recently and I'm not working with macOS on daily basis so only thing I could do is just test if it's working with my old system I rarely use :)

• Developer

@Alex360  I know.  Just good to have you back. 

I would really like to see @I)ark_Seph workflow documented here that he used to get latest beta version of toolkit to produce Mac CDLC on a Mac.  This would be/is a very good thing for other users.

I have no experience on java, c++. Python a little, but made a shell script. Sorry, I'm just curious and somehow it just worked. I just want to become a magna charter. Lol I posted my list of CDLCs but no response for month or two.

I)ark_Seph's Customs

• 2 months later...

@ I've got wineskinned fork of the toolkit with wwise in works, but wineskin env failing to build constantly and it's like +900 mb to DL

but if wine is present you're able to run with mono conversion and so on
Also re-generating now works fine and you can encode manually 64 128 256 sizes if you don't like wine...

@, well that's not an easy task for me, I'm not sure we covered windows side without issues, not saying about *nix world which is different and it should be accounted and so on. wine is the way, since it gives me more stable output than mono 4.6 or 4.8 still gotta play around 5 version, but I doubt it will work ;)

linux guys seems in game now, but with latency, according to that reddit post, sadly song manager made with wpf i guess or heavy abuse of win32 functions which is the cause for bad crossplatform support etc, someone should stick with java if he want real crossplatform support even tho it's slow like python sometimes :D

• 9 months later...

So I should I use wine and make Mac customs from there cause I already have Wine?

EDIT: Well guys, I should go make a tutorial for all you Mac users out there that would like to create CDLCs. Mine works just fine. Just used the latest beta version of the toolkit, and the package creation works like a charm. Only downside is you cant generate PS3 packages because of Java not installed through Wine, but that's fine. Who uses a PS3 to play CDLCs anyway. Problem solved! Will make a tutorial soon!

So what was the magic trick here? I'm having this same problem, and would like to get back creating CDLC's now that USC has also been released on Mac, but I'm unable to generate the packages and really wouldn't like to boot into Windows to do that.

• Administrator

@@Huumetucca If you want the issue to be fix one day, you'll have to post as many information as you can in regards yo your issue in the topic of that toolkit version.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I noticed today that Wine (stable) runs EOF and RS Toolkit on Mac. I could load a wav and adjust the beat map with help of spectrum view and listen playback with beat ticks.

However I'm not able to install Wwise 2015 or 2014 under Wine. What does RSTK need from Wwise installation? I wonder if I copy e.g. an executable from Windows PC (too slow for productive work) to Wine under Mac.

Or could the Mac RS Toolkit version be used with native Mac WWise. Has anyone tried recently to make CDLC with Mac? Thanks!