CDLC makes RS crash after creating DD by hand

• Administrator

I'm clueless here cause i have a CDLC that makes RS crash once i try to play it that worked fine before i create DD by hand on it.

Here are the files that i used :

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1ZKYtpB0vu2NTNFdEUzd1NobGs?usp=sharing

There's the EOF project with the lead on the Part Real_Guitar which is the one causing issue

The psarc of the DD version corresponding to the project

The psarc that i've made before i made DD that worked perfectly fine on all path

The tone and audio if you want to rebuild it

I'm using EOF 1.8 RC12 and the toolkit v2.8.1.0-5ac989c6 beta.

I don't have any error either in EOF or the Toolkit and i've made sure all note are snap to the grid (1/96) even the few tech note that are in there.

I haven't done anything different than with all my others CDLC when creating DD and i can't seem to spot any mistake that would make RS crash...

Any help would be appreciated!

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

• Developer

Would appreciate it if you would try with Latest release build - 2.8.0.0 (rev 3d133c61)

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer

@@firekorn "RS just crash once i try to play it"  Is it crashing after tuning or before?  After tuning => section/phrase issue.  Before tuning => audio or other issue.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Administrator

@@cozy1 After, but i only changed the name of the phrase between the DD and the NDD version and since my phrase naming is pretty simplistic i have a hard time knowing what is really the cause of the issue (all phrase are named with 1 letter and 1 number)

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

• Developer

So I removed all sections and phrases from the CDLC with CGT.  The CDLC now loads and plays, albeit the notes are off beat.  Have a look at Sections and Phrases in EOF.  Here is the working CDLC with Section/Phrases removed thanks to CGT.  I also used CGT to change the tuning in the CDLC to E Standard cause I don't like having to detune my guitar to test.

• Administrator

@@cozy1 you can skip tuning since the remaster so you don't have to tune to test any CDLC (disconnect mode will also allow to do that automatically) and that still doesn't help me understand what makes the DD psarc crash and the NDD psarc work. I know the sections are fine and i know all note are perfectly in sync to the 1/96 grid.

That's the first CDLC that i encounter with this issue and i got no error either in EOF or the toolkit so i don't see why the phrase name should cause any issue as i've already done succesful CDLC with the exact same procedure.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

@@firekorn,

In my opinion, the phrase "R1" has 5 iterations, but the last one is only two beats length rather than the previous ones have a four beats length.

So the last iteration of phrase "R1" has less notes than the previous ones.

To correct this, you can either :

- create only two beats length iterations for phrase "R1" (you will obtain 9 iterations with the same pattern of notes)

- create a specific phrase for the last iteration (but it will evolve alone when DD will get up or down)

I did not try to apply this fix myself, but for now, it is the only one inconsistency I have identified in your new CDLC.

• Administrator

I don't think so but i don't really see how that would make it crash the game. Maybe i should remake DD from scratch but i'm really curious about what is causing this.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Each iteration of the same phrase must have the same notes at each level of difficulty than the other ones.

When RS decides to level up the difficulty, it adds new notes and it has to do it the same way for all iterations of the same phrase.

That's why DDC identifies and renames the phrases automatically.

It identifies all phrases that have the same pattern of notes and creates a new phrase name and iterations that reference this phrase.

So it applies the DD on the pattern and generates it the same way for all iterations.

If there is an inconsistency between notes of two iterations at a level of difficulty, that may generate a crash in RS.

Unfortunately, I can't confirm if this is the exact issue of your CDLC.

• Administrator

I tried to adjust all phrases so that they are identical but it didn't changed the end result...

IIRC i already had slightly different notes in some phrase in older CDLC but as long as the number of level are the same for a same phrase, i don't think the content matter that much (if it's coherent in between level).

I really don't think i've done anything differently on this one than on every other CDLC i've made and this one is the first to react like this...

I'm at lost to what can cause this. does @@raynebc have any other idea, at this point i'll take anything :)

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

I can't think of anything immediately. But it may be helpful to create a simple chart (ie. just beat snapped quarter notes) and continue making incremental changes to it to see where it stops working. This would make it easy to formally test whether two dislike instances of a phrase cause the chart to malfunction in-game.

I could probably make a function to check a track's RS phrases for consistency, but it would have some limitations such as not caring about timing as much as just checkign whether matching notes (fret numbers, strings, techniques, etc.) were found in matching chronological order.

• Administrator

So i finally got around doing some test and i got the end of the story :

So it wasn't any issue regarding phrase name or discrepencies between phrases that provoked this at all, in fact it has nothing to do with DD in itself but it was indeed something that appeared when i created DD in EOF.

In the phrase P1, there's a slide from one chord to another and to get the following screen i added the force sustain, the chordify option and an handshape on the last chord.

http://i.imgur.com/DoHJpR5.jpg

So far nothing causing any issue since official DLC do the same kind of thing.

The issue appeared when i added level using the phrase manager.

The Handshape now reached the chord where the slide start and i guess RS didn't liked the fact that two different chord where in the same handshape. I guess i was able to create a crash due to some weird combination of status.

I didn't check that phrase properly and didn't thought it would actually cause such a crash, maybe a display bug which would have been way easier to find and repair.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy