BandHub.com | Do you know?

fabianosan

I joined Bandhub a couple of months ago but haven't got round to participating yet. I have had the odd message from people who have said I've contacted them?? Does Bandhub contact people on your behalf? It seems odd that they're telling me I've messaged them when I know I haven't ... have had a couple of invites to join in producing some stuff but haven't had time yet. It does look good though. Cool video Fabiano :) nice to see the workings of a collaboration.

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

weird, I'm not even on Linkedin... is that for real or are you pulling my leg? :D

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

• Administrator

@@NoonyDeloony it's just the same principle, people invite everyone as soon as they create a project in hope that at least some will answer.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

• Developer

One way to find out for sure.  @fabianosan Did you really write this post? Or maybe your account has been taken over by a spambot? Haven't heard from you in long time on CF so this post seems quite strange.

• Like 2

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

I thought this sounded really cool, but what I saw of it from a brief sign up was enough to get my Spidey-senses tingling.  <_<  :ph34r:

- No contact method for support despite offering a paid for "pro tier".

- No privacy policy.

- No terms of service.

- Auto-filled my location on my profile without even asking me for it (assuming by IP detection) or asking if I wanted that displayed to the world.

- The site appears to be getting a reputation for botting for sign ups.

- Offering a paid for "pro tier" using Youtube at the core of their business (I'll be amazed if that isn't that against Youtube ToS, but I'm happy to be corrected).

- General bugginess on the site which seems trivial compared to the other issues.

• Like 3

*Mics up cazoo. Scores a trillion in MCbass*

I thought this sounded really cool, but what I saw of it from a brief sign up was enough to get my Spidey-senses tingling.  <_<  :ph34r:

- No privacy policy.

- No terms of service.

- Auto-filled my location on my profile without even asking me for it (assuming by IP detection) or asking if I wanted that displayed to the world.

- Offering a paid for "pro tier" using Youtube at the core of their business (I'll be amazed if that isn't that against Youtube ToS, but I'm happy to be corrected).

- General bugginess on the site which seems trivial compared to the other issues.

Right, that seems to be what's happened with my account. You've paid more attention when reading the small print than I did @@Fraggle Baggle so I appreciate that. I have had messages from a few people who insist I contacted them. When I ask how I contacted them they say I left a comment on their Youtube account (Which I sometimes do) but on all occasions I have asked them to link me the youtube video I have messaged them and they either can't show me or won't show me. I think I'm gonna disband from bandhub. Haven't got that much time for it anyways :D 

• Like 1

When they can't even create a bot that doesn't give itself away by it's sheer stupidity you know something's not right....

Stupid bot is stupid

Oh sheeeet that's awful.  I've disconnected bandhub now and deleted my profile. Not going back there again, I'll stick to jammin' with my pal's once in a blue moon (band members are like ships passing in the night!)

• Like 2

It's possible that bandhub does some Meshup with Youtube - if you upload videos to youtube you may be contacted from bandhub members which will add a comment to your vid.

I'm not a member of bandhub and can't say if it's scam to collect your data or if these are some amateurish settings which don't respect your privacy, but FB does the same and people give them their data for free :D

I'm not a member of bandhub and can't say if it's scam to collect your data or if these are some amateurish settings which don't respect your privacy, but FB does the same and people give them their data for free :D

Very true.  People do give away a lot of personal info for free all over the place.  Facebook does at least have all of the missing elements I mentioned and as leechy as it may be, it's at least legit.  That said I still don't use it :D

It may be an amateurish oversight on Bandhub's part or something else, who knows, but if you collect personally identifiable information you are required by law to include a privacy policy (which includes contact details) on your site.

I joined Bandhub a couple of months ago but haven't got round to participating yet. I have had the odd message from people who have said I've contacted them?? Does Bandhub contact people on your behalf? It seems odd that they're telling me I've messaged them when I know I haven't ... have had a couple of invites to join in producing some stuff but haven't had time yet. It does look good though. Cool video Fabiano :) nice to see the workings of a collaboration.

It's only a collaboration platform to make song cover, to record some tracks and to fun.
Isn't to make new friends or to create new bands, for it, has another platform that do this better: bandmix.com

About your question, I did the same question to bandhub staff few weeks ago:

Question: How exactly does the YouTube algorithm work? Who will I "invite automatically"?

Bandhub staff answer: If you opted-in for this, Bandhub searches for people covering bands/artists you like and invite them to collaborate with you.  If you don't want this to occur, you can disable it from the account settings page.

Just to know, you can disable it in the privacy configuration.

One way to find out for sure.  @fabianosan Did you really write this post? Or maybe your account has been taken over by a spambot? Haven't heard from you in long time on CF so this post seems quite strange.

Yes Cozy, I really wrote this post and all my accounts are safe :)
I just found a interesting tool, I did a test and I liked it and decided to share it with you, since there are only "musicians" here, playing songs covers.

I'm always here, reading some posts of my interest, downloading some customs songs, just stoped to create new customs, because are a lot of good custom song creators here.

And because you and Alex has doing a very good job on toolkit and I'm following everything you've done, each commit on github. When it necessary, I'll appear again to contribute. You know!

I thought this sounded really cool, but what I saw of it from a brief sign up was enough to get my Spidey-senses tingling.  <_ :ph34r:>

- No privacy policy.

- No terms of service.

Calm down, it's just a tool to have fun, record some tracks and yes, has problems, is not completely done.

You need to know: All sites get your IP, all record your location and the only thing that is displayed in the profile is your city, but you can hide or change it if you want on your profile/privacy configuration.
Here for example, record IP from everyone that do a post in each thread and it is not configurable. 
Here is your last IP: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx. What is your concern?

The site is integrated with youtube, all they publications are made on youtube, your profile is created from youtube.

About the privacy policy, the site is really not perfect and has a lot to improve, but it is an interesting tool for those who like to play, to cover songs.

About the support, there is a link to talk with them, yes, I contacted the support recently to get some questions and they answered me.
Edited by firekorn
Hide user IP
  • Like 2
ANY FILES ARE FOR EDUCATIONAL USE ONLY !!!

People without admin right can't see the IP - the link goes to an error page. The privacy you have depends on the data perservation of your ISP and of course what others do with the data. If there are 6 month and then the ISP deletes it you have no assignment of the IP in the past to determine who used it. The only thing you can do is not to post your private data to every site and hope that a shop (or site where you have entered you real data) will not be hacked (they won't tell you if there's no banking data lost).

Thx for the explanation - the Meshup with YT is no problem and if you don't want to participate just ignore it.

• Like 1

- No privacy policy.

- No terms of service.

Calm down, it's just a tool to have fun, record some tracks and yes, has problems, is not completely done.

You need to know: All sites get your IP, all record your location and the only thing that is displayed in the profile is your city, but you can hide or change it if you want on your profile/privacy configuration.
Here for example, record IP from everyone that do a post in each thread and it is not configurable. 
Here is your last IP:xxxxxxxxxxxx. What is your concern?

The site is integrated with youtube, all they publications are made on youtube, your profile is created from youtube.

About the privacy policy, the site is really not perfect and has a lot to improve, but it is an interesting tool for those who like to play, to cover songs.

About the support, there is a link to talk with them, yes, I contacted the support recently to get some questions and they answered me.

I'm fully aware most sites collect user IP addresses, including CustomsForge (which says so in its privacy policy).  My main concerns were about the lack of legally required documents and the handling of user data, not the collection of.  So your public posting of my IP address, which is only visible here to staff members by the way, proves what now?   <_<  That's rhetorical - just delete it, thanks!   :kissing_heart:

Without even getting into a debate about privacy and data protection, it's SO sloppy to use IP geolocating when so many people use proxies and VPNs that would give false results anyway!   Why the hell not just ASK users?  :huh:

I'm glad you're enjoying Bandcamp, but I'll stick to being more discerning (or trying to be!) in what I share and who with thanks.  ;)   Maybe if they address their issues and make the site a bit more complete I'll give it another look.

While I was signed up I could not find that support link for the life of me.  Maybe you could forward the suggestion that they make themselves more accessible. ;)  I do know there definitely isn't any contact info when you're not logged in.  If there's a way to contact them in your account that's at least something.